Why is difficult to sell the NSX ??

inspire said:
If you're willing to drop it to US$18,660 (~C$20k) as per KBB private party cost, then I could cut you a cheque within the week. Please refer to this link:

http://www.kbb.com/kb/ki.dll/kw.kc.ucp?kbb.MI;;MI125&48336&;899575&;;ucp;&16;AC;C1

I realize that KBB is only a reference, not an end-all be-all in pricing. And I don't mean to insult you, just want you to 'see' what some market prices are.

Thats awesome. Youre offering him $20k for his NSX and saying it will only take you a week to write the cheque.

Tell you what NSX7, Ill cut you a check for $20k in 5 seconds if you want to take that rediculus amount.

KBB is not even close to an end-all or be-all. Its not even a reference infact.

BioBanker said:
Thats awesome. Youre offering him $20k for his NSX and saying it will only take you a week to write the cheque.

Tell you what NSX7, Ill cut you a check for $20k in 5 seconds if you want to take that rediculus amount.

KBB is not even close to an end-all or be-all. Its not even a reference infact.

That's why I didn't even reply to that post - it's not worth it

I think if you can get people financing on it, you would have a better chance on selling it. I know that you can get people private car loans through the bank.....just advertise that you can get them financing.........I sell cars and i find this to be the most effective way.........

omeys_berlina said:
I think if you can get people financing on it, you would have a better chance on selling it. I know that you can get people private car loans through the bank.....just advertise that you can get them financing.........I sell cars and i find this to be the most effective way.........

I asked my bank already.... and they don't don't financing on a car older then 10 yrs..... or I would have bought one from the states already... :frown:
if you can .... let me know how :biggrin:

R0Y said:
I asked my bank already.... and they don't don't financing on a car older then 10 yrs..... or I would have bought one from the states already... :frown:
if you can .... let me know how :biggrin:

Private leasing companies will finance - they charge a little more than the banks but it is not material enough

The problem is some of them don't like the option of leasing the car from the US because of the risk involved - but I know for sure that if you put a large down payment, they will do it.

NSX7 said:
Private leasing companies will finance - they charge a little more than the banks but it is not material enough

The problem is some of them don't like the option of leasing the car from the US because of the risk involved - but I know for sure that if you put a large down payment, they will do it.

I did that once for a car and it cost me a small fortune in fees (35 a month), extra interest ( lease payment interest is taxable) and increased insurance charges (had to have car fully insured at all times). I'd do it again though.

Do you think they would lease a new NSX? What percentage down payment would they need?

The reason it's hard to sell the NSX is that it's the kind of car you have to really 'want' to buy. It's a rare, expensive, older car. They didn't sell like hotcakes when they were new either. You have to be prepared to wait a while to get the price you want for a car like that, as the buyer has to 'want an nsx' and not just 'want a 2-seat sports car for 40-50k' because the nsx won't be on their radar. Combine that with low exchange and it can be much cheaper to buy from the US and import.

If you want to sell fast, you'll take a hit on the price, big time. You will have more luck selling through the NSX forum where the enthusiasts are. To a general car buyer, they can't understand what they get for the price you are asking. To the average consumer it's just overpriced.

Tony Montoya said:
I did that once for a car and it cost me a small fortune in fees (35 a month), extra interest ( lease payment interest is taxable) and increased insurance charges (had to have car fully insured at all times). I'd do it again though.

Do you think they would lease a new NSX? What percentage down payment would they need?

The full year insurance is not true with all of them - I just have theft and fire on my leased NSX in the winter time

As for leasing a new one, not sure on the down payment - but based on my experience, it's a combination of your credit, their risk factor at the time - I would think if you put 30% down, that should be enough - best thing is to try and call a few of them - I am dealing with MVL Leasing and Transportaction right now for both of my cars - but MVL is definitely more aggressive in terms of taking risks and they will lease US cars depending on its history and price and your credit and down payment.

satan_srv said:
The reason it's hard to sell the NSX is that it's the kind of car you have to really 'want' to buy. It's a rare, expensive, older car. They didn't sell like hotcakes when they were new either. You have to be prepared to wait a while to get the price you want for a car like that, as the buyer has to 'want an nsx' and not just 'want a 2-seat sports car for 40-50k' because the nsx won't be on their radar. Combine that with low exchange and it can be much cheaper to buy from the US and import.

If you want to sell fast, you'll take a hit on the price, big time. You will have more luck selling through the NSX forum where the enthusiasts are. To a general car buyer, they can't understand what they get for the price you are asking. To the average consumer it's just overpriced.

That is excactly what I think as well - couldn't agree more

Anyways I think I am losing my brain because I am having second thoughts (again) and (for the second time) about selling the car - being wise and mature does not apply to selling the NSX - that's what I found out. At least that's what I am trying to convince myself with.

NSX7 said:
That is excactly what I think as well - couldn't agree more

Anyways I think I am losing my brain because I am having second thoughts (again) and (for the second time) about selling the car - being wise and mature does not apply to selling the NSX - that's what I found out. At least that's what I am trying to convince myself with.

Maybe it's more of a question of why are you selling it? Just don't think you need it anymore? If you aren't needing the cash you'll have to just wait it out. If it's another reason (performance, looks?) there's always ways to improve that.. :)

satan_srv said:
Maybe it's more of a question of why are you selling it? Just don't think you need it anymore? If you aren't needing the cash you'll have to just wait it out. If it's another reason (performance, looks?) there's always ways to improve that.. :)

It's not any of that - I am more than satisfied with the NSX - the only other car I would drive is a 996 or 997 911 - but that would be second to the NSX - it is simply being married with a 3-year and 7-month old kids - having a 2-seater in my current situation is not the wisest. So really it is a struggle between enjoying my dream car or being wise and mature.

Wise and mature is just another way of saying bored.

Ive got a 4YO and a 1YO and only one spot for a car for myself (wife has the family vehicle).

Keep your car. It will be impossible to replace....But if you want to sell it for $20k, let me know!

BioBanker said:
Wise and mature is just another way of saying bored.

Ive got a 4YO and a 1YO and only one spot for a car for myself (wife has the family vehicle).

Keep your car. It will be impossible to replace....But if you want to sell it for $20k, let me know!

Wise and mature to me means having a car that you can enjoy with your family not just by yourself - my wife has an SUV (RX300) but I hate driving it with passion. Right now, I think the best thing to do is to keep the NSX and wait for 2-3 years, then get a 911 where the kids can sit in the small back seats by themselves. That would be my complete dream - an NSX for myself and a 911 for myself and the family. I hope I can wait for 2-3 years though !!!!!!!!!!!!

In my opinion, people who offered me 20 or even 25K for my NSX did not really offend me - instead they offended the NSX big time.

I think you've priced it correctly and quite fair. Unfortunately, you need a serious buyer and not tire kickers. Just be patient and one will come along, otherwise keep it. The last think you want to do is give it away...

If a 91 in above average condtion will sell for say $35K ask yourself what car on the market today will give you the same performance and relaibilty for $35 K.
There's no rust to worry about, the driveline is bulletproof, great handling and brakes.
Keep it as a daily driver/commuter. It will last for 25 years before it needs anything other than good maintenance. And mileage is good too.

Jim
91/blk/blk

Private lending firms, your bank on a line of credit, or what you do is save up half, and get a personal loan for the rest of the amount. Also, your credit cards limit can be raised, so you pull it from there, some people's credit card will get them a better interest rate then if they got a loan.......

Happened to be at a used car dealer today. They have a good condition red/black '91 w/ 75k km and wanted $49,000 + tax. :eek: Now of course they would wheel and deal some (maybe a lot), and Alberta cars for some reason are priced slightly higher than elsewhere in the country. I figure a fair asking price for a '91 with your mileage would be 44-45 for upper quartile condition and expect to discount from there. Like ppl have said, you need somebody who has decided to buy and NSX and is now just shopping between those that are available.

did u guys happen to catch that new one on the autotrader today?
1991 68km and he wants something like $58,000 yea thats gonna go quick :confused:

CokerRat said:
Happened to be at a used car dealer today. They have a good condition red/black '91 w/ 75k km and wanted $49,000 + tax. :eek: Now of course they would wheel and deal some (maybe a lot), and Alberta cars for some reason are priced slightly higher than elsewhere in the country. I figure a fair asking price for a '91 with your mileage would be 44-45 for upper quartile condition and expect to discount from there. Like ppl have said, you need somebody who has decided to buy and NSX and is now just shopping between those that are available.

BC has the highest prices anywhere in the country............

I just decided to put my 2001 up for sale in the paper today. It is a 2001 red/tan with 45K miles on it. It is in perfect condition with new tires on May 2 this year. I had it inspected at West Side Acura in Edmonton on May and it came through with flying colours. My asking price this saturday is $69,900 CAD obo. What do yo think of that price? High, low, alright?

I'm selling because I don't have any time to drive it. I've put on a measly 600 miles since I put the new tires on.

Back