Why are there so many nsx Auto's in Oz?

Hi guy's.
I was just checking out carsales and i could'nt believe that all the nsx's on it were auto's. (besides the $142,000 Joke)
What is going on there?
I had no idea that manuals were so rare.
Makes me think how lucky i was to find a manual the first day i started looking for an nsx.
I understand some original owners would of wanted an auto but i would of thought most people would of wanted the manual.
very strange.:confused:

Over the last year since i've been looking, i've counted about 15 NSX's on carsales... only 4 were manual. So yeah, you are very lucky!

Maybe all the manuals are still being loved and not up for sale? :rolleyes:

Quite simple... Ferrari didn't make an automatic back then. So when Honda released the NSX and it was available in an Auto, a lot of autos were sold!

I know of two previous owners who specified an auto because they wanted their wife to be able to drive it! That was how they got approval to buy purchase an NSX!

Now the NSX is not made anymore and it's not in the showrooms, it is being sought after by enthusiasts who know the car from the past and enthusiasts don’t want autos, so the owners of autos can’t sell them. So they tend to stay for sale for a long time and get cheaper and cheaper trying to be sold which brings the price down of the NSX in general making people think they are not worth what they are really worth!

$142K for a manual NSX??! Buy it!!! You know how rare they are??? :tongue:

Quite simple... Ferrari didn't make an automatic back then. So when Honda released the NSX and it was available in an Auto, a lot of autos were sold!

I know of two previous owners who specified an auto because they wanted their wife to be able to drive it! That was how they got approval to buy purchase an NSX!
I was lucky we already had an auto - the wifey missed having a manual (and a car with a tape deck?!) so that was in my favor.

Back