• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Who makes the best NA1 CF hood.

Just like the post reads guys. Im looking to make my final big purchase and get myself one. I want the best fitment there is. So far i have found two on SOS website, a "no name" one (name is not mentioned on their site) and Taitec.

what do you guys think of yours?

Chris

Actually "Sudesh" i am looking for the NSX-R style hood with the vent. :smile: Im bored of the factory hood and i just orderd the 02' OEM valance and Type-R CF wing. i think this hood would complete my car. :biggrin:

Actually "Sudesh" i am looking for the NSX-R style hood with the vent. :smile: Im bored of the factory hood and i just orderd the 02' OEM valance and Type-R CF wing. i think this hood would complete my car. :biggrin:

Possibly some bad news. Just tried to order a CF NSX-R hood from Erick who told me that Downforce is not going to make the hood for the NA-1 cars. The Taitec hood is not finished underneath so it might have a very nice top but the bottom is pretty rough (I have a Taitec fiberglass hood). Procar is clearly pricey.

Honda makes the best fitment!!!

If your asking the best value, then that's a different story.

Here is a small list of NA1 CF hood vendors:

Honda (buy from rjp)
Procar (Procar)
Downforce (buy from SOS)
VIS (ebay)
Seibon (ebay)
etc.

Last edited:
Hi,

you are making some sort of confusion, because Honda does not make NA1 CF Hoods....only NA2...

Nuno

Honda makes the best fitment!!!

If your asking the best value, then that's a different story.

Here is a small list of NA1 CF hood vendors:

Honda (buy from rjp)
Procar (Procar)
Downforce (buy from SOS)
VIS (ebay)
Seibon (ebay)
etc.

I'm pretty happy with my VIS vented hood. Fitment is not 100% but then again I'm not paying 3x the price of the DF. :)

PMs replied,
and for anyone else that is interested, i added some pics and info below for reference.

each hood includes one NSX-R mesh air guide wind screen of your choice.

11497100_3041_copy.jpg

actual "NA1 91-01 NSX-R" hood in paint-to-match FRP

102_7665_copy.jpg

102_7666_copy.jpg

after painted and installed, it looks like this.
DSCN1515_copy.jpg

DSCN1526_copy.jpg

DSCN1524_copy.jpg

DSCN1527_copy.jpg

DSCN1537_copy.jpg

you can prep and paint the underside to look similar my na2 nsx-r hoods, except these are carbon.
11497100_3042_copy.jpg

11497100_3040_copy.jpg

11497100_3038_copy.jpg

these are as close to NSX-R as you'll get without spending 10k+ on a real NSX-R hood, but they only make them for the 2002 headlight front end anyways.
the deep vent mates up to the optional nsx-r radiator duct shown below in FRP, also avail in CF.
NSX-R_radiator_duct.jpg

Last edited:
Back