Who makes the best Intake?

Gerard van Santen said:
Looks can be a priority for some of us.

Is a widebody or sideskirts or aftermarket wings etc.. functional for normal street driving? Perhaps not. But, if money isn't the issue......

I agree. If money isn't and issue and you want a sweet looking engine bay, then by all means, get the sweetest one out there. Just don't expect any performance increase like you might get on other cars out there.

I would suggest to anyone to get the Cantrell Air Induction System or the Dali Big Gulp and just keep the stock air box. Replace the stock filter element with something like Comptech Unifilter and you are good to go.

When I removed the stock intake pipe from inside my fender well, I was shocked to see where the opening was to the intake. It was actually positioned above the opening of the scoop so when air enters the side scoop, it is bounced around inside the wheelwell and finally it makes it way to that small opening.

Now with the Cantrell Air Induction System, all the air the enters the side vent is funneled directly into the stock air box and throttle response is much better as well as top end power. The sound is much more agressive than stock and when you turn off the engine, you also hear this swishing sound that lasts about 5 seconds.

Litespeeds said:
I would suggest to anyone to get the Cantrell Air Induction System or the Dali Big Gulp and just keep the stock air box. Replace the stock filter element with something like Comptech Unifilter and you are good to go.

When I removed the stock intake pipe from inside my fender well, I was shocked to see where the opening was to the intake. It was actually positioned above the opening of the scoop so when air enters the side scoop, it is bounced around inside the wheelwell and finally it makes it way to that small opening.

Now with the Cantrell Air Induction System, all the air the enters the side vent is funneled directly into the stock air box and throttle response is much better as well as top end power. The sound is much more agressive than stock and when you turn off the engine, you also hear this swishing sound that lasts about 5 seconds.

I did the same with the same results. I definitely think this is the way to go for anything 'street.'

t

Tank said:
I did the same with the same results. I definitely think this is the way to go for anything 'street.'

t

Question?
my cousin has an RXS and we instlled an Injen short ram. when the VTEC hit u can just hear the engine sound just go WILD :eek: with a really aggressive note.
Now in the NSX with the AIS and UNI filter, when u hit VTEC, can u actually hear the VTEC kick in? :confused:

Arielmg73 said:
Now in the NSX with the AIS and UNI filter, when u hit VTEC, can u actually hear the VTEC kick in? :confused:

I can hear mine... :wink:

Back