Who is the fastest? Me or my brother?

Hi

Okey so I have this fight with my brother which has a Carrera 4 1995.

He claims that he had 285 km/h on the speedo down in Germany this summer. (no video of it thoug so just hearsay) :)

I had "only" 275km/h in my NSX, but I did that in the dark. So that should count more shouldt it :)

Do you think I need to go back and set things straight and beat his 285 km/h?

Can a almost stock do that? I have a K&N filter and Tubi and thats it.

I have footage of 275 km/h from last year with four tires in the car. So without that I think I could do over 280 at least.

Saw Guus had 284 but he had some mods done?

Regards

martin said:
Can a almost stock do that? I have a K&N filter and Tubi and thats it.

Hi Martin,

If it was with my NSX, I would say "no problem" you would beat your brother with fingers in the nose but as you have an ex-Gheba's NSX, maybe you have a problem ! :D :D :D ;) :p :p

Seriously, why not do a top speed test with both cars and watch the speed indicated on your GPS system ? You will have an accurate answer and it will not be affected by wheels size or stuff like this which can affect the precision of your speedometer.

Keep us informed about the results ! ;)

nosboy4life said:
It looks like u could have gone a tiny bit faster.

Hi

Yes but there where these crazy guys on the road doing only 170 so I had to brake. :)

Regards

Re: Re: Who is the fastest? Me or my brother?

Enzo said:
Hi Martin,

If it was with my NSX, I would say "no problem" you would beat your brother with fingers in the nose but as you have an ex-Gheba's NSX, maybe you have a problem ! :D :D :D ;) :p :p

Hi Enzo

I think I would beat your NSX without a sweat..you swiss guys has a bunch of garage queens :D

I use my car and keeps the dust of it with speed :D

Regards

Xcite50 said:
U could have gone more than that, RPM barely passed 7K
The top speed of the stock NSX is drag limited, not rev limited. You cannot reach redline in the top gear.

The top speed of a stock '91-96 5-speed NSX is 168 mph (270 kmph), assuming level pavement, no wind, etc. It should reach this at approximately 7225 RPM. The additional power from the aftermarket exhaust may make the figures for your car slightly higher.

Martin, whether you are faster or not isn't important - you are still THE MAN.

You should do a test for how many people pay attention to his Carrera compared to your NSX. On this test, again you could be THE MAN. :D

Since you have an ex-gheba NSX, you should try racing on ice... you'll win EASILY. :D :D :D

Re: Re: Re: Who is the fastest? Me or my brother?

martin said:
Hi Enzo

I think I would beat your NSX without a sweat..you swiss guys has a bunch of garage queens :D

I use my car and keeps the dust of it with speed :D

Regards

ROFLMAO ! :D

Seriously, I think that you can beat your brother. FYI, I beat my boss with his 993 Carrera 4S...he was so angry that he bought a 996TT one month after that. :D

nsxtasy said:
The top speed of the stock NSX is drag limited, not rev limited. You cannot reach redline in the top gear.

The top speed of a stock '91-96 5-speed NSX is 168 mph (270 kmph), assuming level pavement, no wind, etc. It should reach this at approximately 7225 RPM. The additional power from the aftermarket exhaust may make the figures for your car slightly higher.

Hi

You are talking "real speed"? The speedo should then read over 280.

And Neo we all know who is the biggest headturner :)

Looks like it will be the german autobahn next year. Drag race from Kiel to Stuttgart :)

Regards

martin said:
You are talking "real speed"?
Yes, actual speed, as tested by the leading magazines.

martin said:
The speedo should then read over 280.
Quite possible.

Maybe instead of top speed, you and your brother should just take out a tape measure and... never mind. ;)

Re: Re: Who is the fastest? Me or my brother?

Originally posted by Enzo

yes... yes... :rolleyes: your dull NSX will have so much resisitance that it will be drag limited at 100mph! :D

nsxtasy said:
Yes, actual speed, as tested by the leading magazines.

Quite possible.

Maybe instead of top speed, you and your brother should just take out a tape measure and... never mind. ;)

LOL I would use 2 hands while driving at those speeds and forget the camera. Bring it and you back in one peice.

Armando

Back