Who here is Japanese????

My wife is, and I'm half. :biggrin:

I live in japan does that count?:biggrin: A lot of Japanese here don't consider American Japanese to be truly Japanese, which i find interesting. :smile:

I was just curious, since I just saw the thread with the Taiwan connection, just wanted to know how many active Japanese users there are...that's just it.

Now we gotta get some of our Filipino and Korean brethren to start their own respective threads. :p

I live in japan does that count?:biggrin: A lot of Japanese here don't consider American Japanese to be truly Japanese, which i find interesting. :smile:

AJ,

Did you mean Japanese Nationals living in America, or Japanese-Americans i.e., American-Born full-blooded Japanese / American of 100% Japanese heritage (Nikkei-Jin) ? If you're referring to the latter, then I would agree from my own personal observation while in Japan.

FWIW, Jason aka NSXSupra is 1/4 Japanese. :)

Oh great...now this thread is going to shift to "Who has yellow fever?" :eek:

Oh great...now this thread is going to shift to "Who has yellow fever?" :eek:

Yeah, I got "yellow" fever.....Acura NSX, Nissan Skyline, Toyota Landcruiser, Kyokushin Karate, anything Yamaha, Tempura........(I know, I'm being a smartass !!!)

Cool Heather, I actually had no idea.

As for me, I'm half Japanese and half Irish.
Hey Redshift.....Where have you been hiding ? Half Irish here too !!! (other parts are German/Greek) Anyway....Welcome back to Prime !!!

God I love asian women.:biggrin:

Here's an idea:

1) get yourself an Asian gal (preferably Japanese)

2) Date her for 2 years

3) Marry her

4) Be fruitful and "multiply" :D

5) Raise one of them to become NSX dork, er... I ,mean fanatic

6) When he/she is old enough to read, introduce them to Prime

7) Have them do an archive search for THIS THREAD

8) Replying to this thread by posting the following:

"Hey, I'm half Japanese too !! "

There now, the process has now come full circle. :D

Hey...there are no NSX dorks on Prime! :D

A-HA !! YOU'RE SO BUSTED ERIC.
nono.gif

DENIAL IS A SIGN OF ADMITTING GUILT ! ;)

Feels a whole lot better now coming out of the closet, isn't it? lol :p

** Zanardi 50 and akira3d- proudly wearing their NSX DORK badge with honor :D **

P.S., back on topic, does having a Japanese paternal great-granny still qualify? Supposedly, anything beyond 1/2 blood no longer qualifies in the genealogical sense, AFAIK. ICBW.....

Hey Redshift.....Where have you been hiding ? Half Irish here too !!! (other parts are German/Greek) Anyway....Welcome back to Prime !!!
Hey Mike,

I guess I have been a bit absent from prime... I'm very busy these days working on my business (relates to equities, equity derivatives, and paper writing).

Dude, that's awesome that you're half Irish. My "Irishness" really shines bright in my first name, Erin-Michael, and the Japanese in me is apparent in my middle name, Akila. That's one funky combo! :biggrin:

Back