Who has Recaro Pole Positions installed?

I have since sold my pair of Recaro PP...but you may want to post this in the Track Forum instead.

@B2FiNiTY so what does this mean? :confused:

Due to the mounting holes not passing spec they, along with other lesser name brand seats, have not passed the latest standards. Recaro has been working on an updated improvement to the PP since the 4th of December at least. They released a statement about it already.

Anyone else with info on this? Can any vendors chime in here with info? I ordered a pair the beginning of last month. I contacted the vendor I placed my order with and the only response I got was, "As of now don't worry about it. I'm waiting for official word from Recaro." I even emailed Recaro and they haven't responded. Maybe I'm just being impatient but my ETA was mid January and January is here already Hahahaha So now I'm like :confused: Thanks guys - Luis

Get your money back. I am sure Recaro will try to avoid making new seats at all cost, but it looks grim. They are currently working on a "solution".

I've got a pair of Recaro's in my NSX...
Beeing based in France, I will call them on monday to see what they have to say!

I guess those panicking are guys who race their cars in some kind of race series?

Doubt this affects any current installs used on the road or for the odd track day, just competition stuff.

I'm still waiting for a response from the vendor and Recaro. From my understanding only the seats starting with part numbers 070.98.XXX are affected. I know I'm being impatient but I just don't want to go through the hassle of the long order process again. Plus I won't be tracking my car, the seats are more for aesthetic purpose.

So the vendor I ordered my seats form finally got back to me and said,

"Luis,

They are on hold from what I was just emailed. Ever since the FIA situation they have put a hold on shipping.

I have velour in stock if you are in a hurry but right now leather is looking no good man. I am sorry."

So it looks like any NEW orders for these seats will be postponed until Recaro fixes the problem. So just a heads up guys if you were deciding to order a pair. Learn from me :tongue:

- - - Updated - - -

On a side note, if you guys know anyone selling a set (Leather Preferred), hit me up. Cash in hand :cool:

Back