Who can install the new SOS 3.8L package

If you are going to spend the money on the kit, why wouldn't you just ship the car to SOS and have SOS do the work and then bring it to Autowave to tune? Why take the chance?

I agree with Garrick. The $2ishK in additional expenses is probably money well spent.

Otherwise, if you have issues you have the installer blaming the kit and SOS blaming the installer.

I wouldnt mess around with that.

The good news here is, is that someone up here will install the 3.8l kit. I'd love to see what your impressions are regardless of where you have it installed.

I was talking to a P-car buddy this week who's a former NSX owner. He looked at that kit and was remarkably impressed. A similar build on a Porsche would cost over twice as much and not offer the same performance gain. I will look at one of the SOS builds when my engine climbs over 100,000 km as a refresh for the car.

That said, ship it (the engine) or drive the car down. It's worth it. I did that a similar build with JG Engine dynamics on a Prelude I used to own. I shipped them the motor, it came back, we installed it and everything worked perfectly. That's good piece of mind.

I've used Nash Engines in Scaraborough before, I believe they did NSX work before when Brian (Top Power) was doing NSXes way back

They sleeved my H22a block before and it's still running.

Although I would still recommend driving the car down to the experts..since it gets all new bearings and stuff on the bottom end there's no need to ship it down hehe..

Back