Which Wheels Should I Get???

With or without rivets?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am about to order a set of custom forged DPE LS5 2-piece wheels. DPE is a great company and makes great quality wheels. I am going to go with 18x8 in the front, and 19x10 in the rear.

Only problem -- I am torn whether I should get rivets or not.

Pros of rivets - they make the wheels look much more aggressive and adds a bling factor

Pros of rivetless - they make the wheels look much cleaner. Also, they make the wheels appear a lot bigger because they actually shave down the area where the rivets would attach.

Which one should I go with?? Right now I am leaning 65% to 35% on the side of rivetless.

**Please - no holier than thou "you should go with what you prefer ... who cares what other people think" response.**

Attachments

• Rivet.jpg
    Rivet.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 311
  • Rivetless.jpg
    Rivetless.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 310
Last edited:
I have 3 peice whells on the Ferrari and they do look great but are a pain in the @$$ to keep clean. Hamann is the brand.

I had a set of the DPE R16s on my Jetta. They had the rivets. Let it be known that they are non-functional rivets on the 2 piece because the face is welded to the barrel. They are simply inserts and do absolutely nothing.

That being said, I would be on the fence on that one too. I think if I were to do it again, I'd try to go rivetless.

Great job going with another brand! IForged is sooo played out now.

Make sure you tell them the offsets you want. I would go +38 in the front and +35 in the rear for max flushness.

charley - go w/rivets (not so sure on DPE though). I almost ordered a set of the 8xx series HREs for my other cars, but having seen the same set of rims with/without rivets in person made me realize how nice those little rivets are. then again...

you should go with what you prefer ... who cares what other people think :biggrin:

hit me up b4 you order your rims :smile:

Both look good to me but for some reason the rivetless stands out more to me than the rivets. Maybe you should get a photoshop done and see the differences.

Rivets looks better IMO. But for ease of cleaning the rivets should be sunken into the rim. Like the one below.

rim4.jpg

When I think of rivets, I think of Centerline wheels...most wheels come now with cap screws. I vote for the clean style, but to each his own.

IMO, the rivets don't make it look "aggressive". The wheels themselves are aggressive. The rivets just make it look to "busy". Too much crap. The wheels themselves are such a nice design, don't take away from it with all those rivets. :wink:

charley - go w/rivets (not so sure on DPE though). I almost ordered a set of the 8xx series HREs for my other cars, but having seen the same set of rims with/without rivets in person made me realize how nice those little rivets are. then again...

you should go with what you prefer ... who cares what other people think :biggrin:

hit me up b4 you order your rims :smile:

Dammit Paul, you just made my choice a lot harder. Give me a ring sometime.

Go rivetless. The rivets make the wheels a bitch to clean.

I have 3 peice whells on the Ferrari and they do look great but are a pain in the @$$ to keep clean. Hamann is the brand.
PG3!? Damn i want those for my NSX. :frown:

Oh, and I vote for no rivets! :biggrin:

What do you need the rivets for ??

If the wheels are not real multi-piece wheels, then the rivets are just fake.
And if the're fake, what's the point of having them?

The only time you are able to see rivets is when your car is not moving. As soon as you are driving, nobody will see any rivets.

And if you car is parked, any person who might be interested in your car and wheels probably has enough knowledge to notice that they are fake.
And anyone who doesn't notice it, doesn't matter because they won't even realize that your wheels aren't stock :confused:

I think lately I've been not as attracted to rivets simply because every knock-off, replica, reproduction, or oem-style wheel made now has them on there to make them "look" real and expensive. I think rivets even if they are wheel are starting to look common place and even tacky on some designs that I am a man back on the No Rivet block.

That said, No Rivets, Huge Lips :)

No Rivets very clean looking. Rivets makes the wheels look heavy lol and extra bolts surrounding wheel.

You will not be able to get all the dirt off the wheel around the base of each rivet so like everyone else is telling you go smooth or love your dremel.

The bimmer looks real good with the rims, but the nsx offset is not like the bimmer, I would still go with no rivets although you might not get the lip as deep of a look like the bmw.

Dude, HRE wheels are sweet, I agree keep them...Here is some latest photos with my newest wheels and tein flex system installed:

nsx_dec1.jpg

nsx_dec2.jpg

nsx_dec3.jpg

Back