• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Which HID conversions do you guys reccomend?

Looks like he retro fitted two projector beams into the housing....looks great IMO.

If there is anyone who isnt scared of a little harder install with the same results there is a HID group buy on

www.groupbuycenter.com

its a 6000k hid kit and its 365 with free shipping.

Does Gerry sell this kit??? How much is it and where can we get information?

[Edit: It is Gerry not Jerry - at least from his signiture]

In any case - outstanding!

------------------
Nick M

91' Red/Black with Many Mods
99' Honda Odyssey with Many Kids

[This message has been edited by matteni (edited 08 August 2002).]

What about state inspection issues? Has anyone using this kit had problems getting a sign-off during annual emissions, etc inspections? Are these street legal?

Legal - technically the answer is NO

Even though they provide better lighting and thus are safer. Even though they are engineered for long life and proper patterns, etc.

The government is really specific about changing anything from the factory where it comes to lights. You can change the bulbs (to an extent) but not the light system.

The good news is that the SoS system is as good if not better then most OEM HID systems and that quality coupled with the fact that we have an exotic car coupled with the fact that most of the stations don't really know or check and that equals "good to go"

Unless you confess I have not yet heard of a NSX with a high quality HID conversion failing inspection or getting pulled over and ticketed.

Then again - this is just another opportunity for me to be wrong!

------------------
Nick M

Originally posted by ronin:
Does anyone have experience with http://www.hids4less.com/ ? They seem to be a quality site and they have a great warranty.

I bought my kit from them a few years ago....they have an outstanding warranty on there product ( 5 years )not that i ever needed to use it. It may not be as quick an install as the SoS kit but my install took not more then three hours. the biggest problem you will encounter is tryin to figure out how to get the clip to fit back on which is a big plus with the SoS kit... i made my own which was very easy and works fine and if i wanted to switch back it would be no problem....as for hid kits there are less expensive ones on the market then the two listed here and are available in 6000k which will give u that audi hid look..... if u have any questions u can email me at [email protected]

[This message has been edited by NyC NsX (edited 28 August 2002).]

Originally posted by ronin:
Does anyone have experience with http://www.hids4less.com/ ? They seem to be a quality site and they have a great warranty.

I think that HID4less.com got a cool as site, Sounds Like FOOD 4 LESS, Some discounted Grocery store. I think that the site is pretty cool, too. Based on the fact they seem to have a quality site, I am sold! I Definitely trust any websites that seems to have quality. Especially when dealing with NSX, Yes NSX4less, definitely a megalow deal.

Hey everyone, first time posting here. I have been an avid follower of this site for quite sometime now, as I plan on getting a 1991 NSX by next summer. The SOS HID kit by far seems like the sure way to go. I currently have a Philips 6000K HID kit on my 1999 Honda Prelude. I purchased the kit from http://www.xenondepot.com .I am very very happy with the result, the color being a white blueish purple color kind of like the porsche 911. I also had to make something in order for the clip at the back to work, but other than that it all works perfectly. When I get my nsx im going to buy from xenondepot again, providing the kit works with the nsx, otherwise I will get the SOS kit for sure...Just one other question guys, on my prelude, I am able to aim and adjust the height of the beam pattern..are you able to do this with the nsx? I had to aim my lights a tad downward on my prelude, otherwise they would blind oncomming traffic.

------------------
91 NSX Comming Soon!

[This message has been edited by NSX-1 (edited 28 August 2002).]

Originally posted by J TAM 128:
Maybe a newbie question, but then again i am a newbie... Which one is better??? The Raybrig HID on the TAITEC fixed headlight???

I'm not really sure what do u mean.. newbie..

There seem to be a lot of one post wonders in this thread
wink.gif

The ScienceofSpeed HID system and fixed headlights really can not be compared. The SoS system uses the factory headlight housings, which achieve a much more focused beam pattern. In that respect, it is better. However, like I said, they are two completely different products that I don't think the same customer would be choosing between.

Regards,
-- Chris

------------------
Revolutionize your NSX with ScienceofSpeed
www.ScienceofSpeed.com | [email protected] | 877-863-4520

Chris,

I bought my HID kit off the shelf. If they do not last as promised then I will have to resort to e-commerce. I bought the Falcon HID kit and they had the 2002 NSX lights on their package. 8000K rating and I was lucky to be able to attach the ballast to existing brackets and bolt under the hood of my 2000 NSX. What are your thoughts on CATZ-FET HID conversions?

Tan

Originally posted by BlueNSX:
Chris,

I bought my HID kit off the shelf. If they do not last as promised then I will have to resort to e-commerce. I bought the Falcon HID kit and they had the 2002 NSX lights on their package. 8000K rating and I was lucky to be able to attach the ballast to existing brackets and bolt under the hood of my 2000 NSX. What are your thoughts on CATZ-FET HID conversions?

Tan

8000k will be really purple and will not give u as much light as a 4200k lamp or anything with a lower color temp.

I have no idea about the kit. However, any company selling a kit with 8000K (if that rating is even accurate) bulbs is selling a gimmick and is questionable in my book.
8000K bulbs will produce a color that is less effective for lighting and produces unsafe amount of glare for oncomming drivers.

-- Chris

------------------
Revolutionize your NSX with ScienceofSpeed
www.ScienceofSpeed.com | [email protected] | 877-863-4520

In my mind it is very simple. Is it worth an extra $100 bucks to have a VERY high quality kit that is 100% specific to the NSX and has a reputable dealer standing behind it to make it right?

Or would you rather take chances, figure it out on your own, worry about rain, worry about the quality, and wonder if you will have any recourse if something goes wrong?

I have the SoS kit and LOVE it. This was the biggest difference IMO betweeen the 2002 and the pre 2002 and now I have it on my 91' NSX!

Many people complain about driving against HID lights but I bring them over and have them sit right in front of these and stare right into them with no discomfort. They are truely OEM quality, as are the instructions.

Good luck to all. HID is VERY cool.

------------------
Nick M

I recently installed the SoS HID kit and I couldn't be more pleased. The fit is perfect, the lighting superb, the look totally OEM. IMHO it would be foolish to dick around with another kit just to save a few bucks.

------------------
Russ
'91 black/black

Originally posted by NSX TT:
So how much is this kit finally?

If you were really interested you would have gone to the site and checked yourself.But for those who are really interested and would like to know the price as of 9/30/02 is

6000k- only 349.95

8000k- only 374.95

I not sure where you got those prices but the prices from the website says.

Xenon HID Conversion Kit 6000k Super White $385.

Xenon K2 HID Conversion Kit 8000k $545.
Xenon K2 HID Conversion Kit 9003 (H4) High and Low Beam $650.

Originally posted by NyC NsX:
If you were really interested you would have gone to the site and checked yourself.But for those who are really interested and would like to know the price as of 9/30/02 is

6000k- only 349.95

8000k- only 374.95

better check the price

Originally posted by NSX TT:
Originally posted by NyC NsX:

6000k- only 349.95

8000k- only 374.95

better check the price

i did check the price ..... heres the link
http://www.groupbuycenter.com/buy.asp?row_id=6949

heres the vendor that sells the hids and set up the group buy
http://www.groupbuycenter.com/vendordetail.asp?id=57111

here is there info if for some reason the links dont work

95 Victory Rd
Springfield, NJ

Phone: 973-218-9222

GENERAL: [email protected]
ORDERS: [email protected]
SUPPORT: [email protected]

here is there web page just in case of anything else

www.afterhourzracing.com

i do not own or am i getting paid to post any of this info im just looking to help those who may be interested in other hid kits out for less money

if u need more info or a detailed photo with step by step directions on where to click please email me.

I have been looking at many newer HID kits and most of them are truely "plug and play" and cost under $400. The only thing you need to do is to drill a hole on the dust cap and many kits come with grommet. I estimate that if you have small hands, installation might run less than 30min if you don't need to remove the headlights.

Back