• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Which HID conversions do you guys reccomend?

Just like the topic... I found my normal halogen low beam are very dim even at night time. Which kind , brand, price and safest HID conversion do you guys reccomend?

Thanks

Terence

Originally posted by POWERED by HONDA:
Although I have not purchased it, it looks like the SoS kit is the best HID kit available today.

I agree 100 percent.

I've followed the various HID offerings very closely and I believe this one has the best "look" to the light, the highest quality components, and the easiest (and most compact) installation.

The link direct to this specific product on the Science of Speed website can be found by clicking here.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 14 July 2002).]

Ken: How does the SOS kit compair with the one from Autolampsonline? I have the autolamps kit installed.

Is there any reason to "upgrade"?

Thanks

------------------
keep the shiny side up
MikeC 01 #46

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
I've followed the various HID offerings very closely and I believe this one has the best "look" to the light...

I'm leaning towards getting the SOS kit myself. My priorities are same light color between the two bulbs, and stock-appearing installation. The SOS kit seems to fit the bill for me.

BTW, besides the Autolamps kit which other HID kits are out there and how did you evaluate the "light look" of the various kits?

------------------
Russ
'91 black/black

Installed the SOS kit yesterday, it took about an hour total. Could have done it faster but ended up taping the wires together for a cleaner look.

Compared the light output before and after (right vs left) and a huge difference. Much whiter and brighter. Very similar color to my wife's AUDI HID output.

i read sometime back somewhere that the 4200k hid lamps give you more usable light then the more purplish 6000k audi hid lamps .....i remember when those blu vision halogen bulbs first came out and i couldnt wait to get them because they looked so bright ...but in actuality they were not.The light would just disappear into the black asphault and was not as effective.

Hi Mike --

One of the major benefits of the SoS HID system vs. Autolamps is ease and added safety of the installation from the engineering that went into the kit to make it NSX specific. Since your kit is already in, the added benefit of better light quality is offset.

Thanks to jorligan and nsxrock for the reviews.

The factory Audi lamps use hardware that puts out about 4500K. Our kit averages about 5200K. It is true that the higher Kelvin rating does not mean better light quality. At too high of a Kelvin, the system will put out less usable light and the light becomes diffused leading to greater glare and less sharp definition of beam and illumination of objects.

Cheers,
-- Chris

------------------
ScienceofSpeed

http://www.ScienceofSpeed.com</A> | [email protected] | 877-863-4520

[This message has been edited by ScienceofSpeed (edited 14 July 2002).]

I've had both kits installed and the SOS color and installation is superior. I have an article coming out in the next NSXD regarding the kit.

Autolamps buyers must sign a waiver before you can purchase the kit, they are overseas, and resolving customer service issues may be difficult because of their location. My personal experience with Autolamps customer service was far from good.

Originally posted by JChoice:
I've had both kits installed and the SOS color and installation is superior. I have an article coming out in the next NSXD regarding the kit.

Autolamps buyers must sign a waiver before you can purchase the kit, they are overseas, and resolving customer service issues may be difficult because of their location. My personal experience with Autolamps customer service was far from good.

This message seals the deal. The SoS HID kit is the (current) NSX HID king.

Hey BostNSX,

Let me know when / where
you plan on installing your HID kit. I might be tempted to join you... I've always wanted to upgrade to HID.

R

what do you all think of the sos hid kit with fixed headlights? instead of pop ups.ive seen pics of a couple cars but could someone whom has seen them installed in person reply.they appear to look good from the pics but I bet they look better in real life.I did notice that the lexan or whatever the cover is made of appears to look better on some pics then others and the fit looks better on some then others.is that the install done right instead of as fast as possible?or is it quality control? (Cris?) let me here some feedback
thanks David

I installed my SOS HID today, and it went well except that I mistakenly switched the two leads on the drivers side connector that has to be disassembled to fit through the hole in the cap. I noticed my error before connecting, but when I did the passenger side the SOS supplied two wire connector was wired backwards(I couldn't figure out how to remove the leads-so I re(miss)wired the passenger side part again). Now I can't wait for the sun to go down so I can check out the difference. Motto-check, and then check again.
-The sun went down, they are great. I really like how 'invisable' the installation is under the hood.

[This message has been edited by mandrewz (edited 26 July 2002).]

[This message has been edited by mandrewz (edited 27 July 2002).]

The quality of light is similar between the two kits, according to Chris (who also had the same kit installed, as do I). The advantages of the SoS kit are primarily in the ease of installation, since the components are much more compact.

Bottom line: not worth ripping one out to reinstall the other IMO.

fixed headlights - the kit is not designed to work with fixed headlights. There is no lens to focus the light in current fixed headlights available.

switched wires - for whatever reason, Honda reversed the normal color coordination of electrical polarity in the headlights (red/white = ground, black = positive). This is noted in the user guide. if you accidentally switch them, you will blow a fuse. Just switch these wires and replace the fuse.

switching HID systems - Ken is exactly right. The color and intensity is similar to the kit Ben Lin and RM used to sell. No reason to change. The benefits over these kits and the Autolamps kit is how much more easy the install is.

-- Chris

------------------
Revolutionize your NSX with ScienceofSpeed
www.ScienceofSpeed.com | [email protected] | 877-863-4520

Originally posted by ScienceofSpeed:
fixed headlights - the kit is not designed to work with fixed headlights. There is no lens to focus the light in current fixed headlights available.

-- Chris

Cris what about this? thats why I thought it available

TAITEC JGTC Fixed HID Headlight Kit

[epp-142] $1,549.00

David

ScienceofSpeed HID Kit = HID retrofit kit using your stock headlights

TAITEC JGTC Fixed Headlights = complete replacement units for your headlights.

For more info, check out the site.

Cheers,
-- Chris

------------------
Revolutionize your NSX with ScienceofSpeed
www.ScienceofSpeed.com | [email protected] | 877-863-4520

Who's kit is this:
http://www.pansx.com/s1.jpg

I know this is Gerry's car - but the HID kit looks so much cleaner then others I have seen (no rivits, 1/2 body color on the lens, no pop up). IMO this is what the 2002's should have looked like.

------------------
Nick M

91' Red/Black with Many Mods
99' Honda Odyssey with Many Kids

Back