• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Which Dali exhaust is better? Wishuponastar or Rice Rocket?

Would like to buy one of these exhaust. Looking for most hp increase. I'm not looking for sound. This is the first exhaust I would have ever purchased for a car. I have a 97 with a Unifilter. Whichi is better?

You may get 3-4hp best from an aftermarket exhaust. Most of the horsepower gains are from aftermarket headers on 91-96 cars. 97+ have better flowing headers which yeild about 17hp over the earlier cars.

My personal choice is Taitec Parallel exhaust but most find this to loud for daily use.

Would like to buy one of these exhaust. Looking for most hp increase. I'm not looking for sound. This is the first exhaust I would have ever purchased for a car. I have a 97 with a Unifilter. Whichi is better?

I wonder how well they fit and if the tips line up properly.

You may get 3-4hp best from an aftermarket exhaust. Most of the horsepower gains are from aftermarket headers on 91-96 cars. 97+ have better flowing headers which yeild about 17hp over the earlier cars.

My personal choice is Taitec Parallel exhaust but most find this to loud for daily use.

I think that's a tad conservative for hp gains on an AM exhaust. Most isolated exhaust dynos show a few more hp than that on average.

Most AM exhausts are about equally as effcient. There's some evidence that exhausts such as the GT-One and some of the Taitec exhausts free up a few more hp but if efficiency is the issue I wouldn't be too concerned.

As far as noise the Rice Rocket exhaust is extremely loud. One of the loudest AM exhuasts available, no doubt. The Wishuponastar is much quieter and comparable to the Comptech exhaust in loudness or about 10-20% louder than stock.

Really? I heard the latest Wishuponastar dyno'd +5hp extra. But, the sales guy is jumping ship and starting his own version 2.0 or something like that :confused: :tongue:

You mean the guy who's making them for Dali is going to be marketing and selling them himself? I never clarified with MJ but I was under the impression he was the exclusive distributor. I would imagine he would need Dali to move them. :confused:

I think that's a tad conservative for hp gains on an AM exhaust. Most isolated exhaust dynos show a few more hp than that on average.

NA2 97+ horse power gains are marginal with after market exhaust, the factory exhaust is pretty though heavy. With Headers that may go up but not as much as a NA1.

On an NA1 a Taitec Parallel exhaust yeilds 10hp with headers 22.

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/exhaust_airflow_products/NSX/TAITEC/JGTC_Parallel_Exit/

Another advantage is weight saved 10-30lbs+ which helps power to weight ratio.

I have the rice rocket myself. I like it.
I was thinking about a CT but didn't like the volume of it. Mine has a nice rumble but isn't over bearing.
When cruising the road, with the engine cover on, you can have a conversation with your passenger unlike some that are to loud.

NA2 97+ horse power gains are marginal with after market exhaust, the factory exhaust is pretty though heavy. With Headers that may go up but not as much as a NA1.

On an NA1 a Taitec Parallel exhaust yeilds 10hp with headers 22.

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/exhaust_airflow_products/NSX/TAITEC/JGTC_Parallel_Exit/

Another advantage is weight saved 10-30lbs+ which helps power to weight ratio.

I don't disagree that gains are marginal from exhaust but on both NA1 and NA2 gains have consistently been around 5-7 hp on most of the isolated dynos I've seen.

Weight doesn't have anything to do with the dyno.

I'm thinking of the Rice Rocket now or a custom Flowmaster. Can't decide. I would like power but if it's just marginal then its not worth the xtra 3-4 hundred bucks.

I'm thinking of the Rice Rocket now or a custom Flowmaster. Can't decide. I would like power but if it's just marginal then its not worth the xtra 3-4 hundred bucks.

Keep in mind that any given modification to the NSX costs an average of $100/1hp. If this is true an AM exhaust for $600 providing a 6-8 hp increase represents a slightly better-than-average value for an NSX mod.

Just be careful when buying from Mark Johnson (Dali). He has ripped me off and many other Prime members. If you buy an exhaust from him, just hope that it is in stock and that you don't request a refund. If either of those happens, he will keep your money and ignore your emails.

I, personally, will never ever buy anything from him again.

I also have a dali exhaust...and does it ever sound great:biggrin: People always come by and ask what type of Ferrai I have...as the sound of the car was definately Ferrari...lol...It does have a beautiful rumble and it is not greatly loud as it idles - but it does have a smack as it kicks into a comfortable gear...lol...also...it is a quite noticiable sound - as the other NSXers I know have commented on the great exhaust sound of the car.

Dam:cool:

I actually have both of those exhausts, the Rice Rocket sounds horrible if you run it with test pipes, the flowmaster on the other hand sounds incredible, if a little too loud for daily driving.. With cats they both sound fine though..

The fit and finish of the Rice Rocket is pretty nice though, I may try a wishuponastar or a comptech to quiet the car down. (I want to run the Zanardi swaybar)

Pach,

Between the two (Rice Rocket and Flowmaster), did you notice any power difference and which one do you prefer?

Pach,
Between the two (Rice Rocket and Flowmaster), did you notice any power difference and which one do you prefer?
Well my car is a 1994 3.0L so I dont know if it makes a difference, but to be honest no NSX exhaust is really going to make 'that' much more power than the other "if the engine is close to stock"

You might see 3rwhp at most between brand X vs brand Y.. no matter how much you pay for it.

The Flowmaster exaust sounds much nicer than the dual canister exhaust, it has a menacing growl near redline..
Notice all the nicer sounding NSX exhausts always merge the exhaust pulses somehow ? Tubi, Gruppe M, Gt-One,etc...
The Dali exhaust has a great fit and finish though for the money..

get the rice rocket one. Looks good and sounds good. It's got the dual canister which is pretty cool.

Can I verify with everyone that the hp gain between the Dali exhausts and a custom Flowmaster will pretty close +/- 3 hp?

Back