Which body shop in Houston?

As some of you have seen, I have a few scratches and imperfections that I would like to get removed. Does anyone know of a high quality, trustworthy body shop in Houston?

Counter,
you should get in touch with Paul. I believe he knows a great body shop.
Regards
Z

Counter - do you need a "body shop" for painting or do you need a "detail shop" to remove scratches? As you may know, these are two different types of shops. While a body shop can polish out scratches, I would not take my car to a body shop for this purpose for two reasons (a) it will cost more (b) it wall take longer.

Approximately every twelve to eighteen months I have my car polished to remove scratches and minor imperfections such as what you describe. Afterwards, the next step they perform is to remove the swirl marks. Last step is wax.

I take my car to The Car Masseuse at the corner of Dairy Ashford and Briar Forest. They have been at that location right at twenty years detailing Benzs, Porsches, Ferraris, Bentleys, Rolls, Vettes, BMWs, you name it, including at least three other NSXs besides than mine. I have been taking my cars there for over ten years, now. 281-558-8809.

PS - I know which shop Paul had his NSX repaired at. While the work may be up to par, I don't care for that part of town too much. Then again, does River Oaks have any body shops? :D

For once, I agree with Andy! ;) j/k The Car Masseuse is great for cleaning, detailing, and even buffing!
But I do think that your lower bumper piece needs to be fixed by a body shop and then repainted because it's similar to the blemish I had.
Good Luck
Z

ps - if you'd like to just drop that piece off for repairs and need pointers on how to take the lower bumper piece off, let me know! I had to remove mine and it was a pain. Two little screws caused me to almost have to remove the entire front bumper. But it's not that hard after you know what to do, obviously. :)

Counter – I had the entire NSX repainted last year after that “flying tire” hit the drivers side door on the way to NSXPO in Dallas (you remember). Feel free to swing by and take a look at my car if you want. All in all, I think Sunrise Paint and Body did an excellent job on the car, but I really had to stay on top of them. I was up there every other day making sure that the car was inside, covered, and in general making sure they knew I was not the average customer and that I wanted the car to look perfect when finished.

They removed the front bumper, the side skirts, the rear bumper, the windshield washer fluid squirt things, the gas door lid, rear spoiler, side intake scoops, window trim molding along the drive and passenger side doors, the B-pillar covers, etc. Basically everything was removed other than the panels themselves so that I would not have any rough edges or tape lines. The car and all removed pieces were then painted at one time in the paint booth. They have heated down draft paint booths and they even wet the floor b/f painting to help keep the dust down. If you want to see the kind of work they do come look at my car and go up there and look around their shop at some of the cars that they are finishing up on. I went up there and looked around and decided to use them based on some of the work I saw.

Again I recommend Sunrise Paint and Body. It was mentioned in an earlier post that they are not located in the best part of town. They may not be, but they never leave the cars out at night anyway. Good luck with whatever you decide and I sent you a PM with my contact numbers if you decide to take a look at my car.

Paul

Thanks

Thanks everyone for your input. Yes, my issues are a little deeper than a detail will fix! :( Plus, I recently ran a carfax on my car (didn't know about it when I bought the car several years ago) and discovered that my suspicions were correct. It had a bit of an accident in 1994. So along with some paint work, I need to get my front fender and nose realigned. I suspect that is the major part of my clearance problem. Anyway, I really appreciate all the input. I will give you a call Paul. I had forgotten about you getting your car fixed because it looks so good now!:)

Counter

Back