Which body kit?

Lately I've seen quite intrigued with dressed up NSX's. I am not talking about the wide body modification. Instead, I want to preseve the original sleek body lines of the NSX but add just that extra bit of sex appeal to it.

Ideally I would like to find a body kit that;

1. requires little or no drilling into the body panel.
2. can be easily removed so I can restore the car back to the original look

Any suggestions? If you have a dressed up NSX, some photos here would really appreciated.

How about Wings West? Full body kit contains lip, side skirt and rear. The only concern may be drilling couple holes at the bottom to keep the side skirt looking straight. Do a search on side skirt, you will find out how is done. I am also in the process of getting one, if you are interested let me know. We get better pricing for 2 set. Pm me for more detail and picture of the kit.

Last edited:
NSXWIND,

I logged on to WingsWest web site and found the W-Type body kit that you mentioned. Pretty nice. It just happens that there is one of WingsWest perferred dealer, Performance Center, near my work. So I called them up to check on the kit price. $729.00 + shipping. What do you think of the price?

Did you consider any other brand of body kit?

icefire said:
NSXWIND,

I logged on to WingsWest web site and found the W-Type body kit that you mentioned. Pretty nice. It just happens that there is one of WingsWest perferred dealer, Performance Center, near my work. So I called them up to check on the kit price. $729.00 + shipping. What do you think of the price?

Did you consider any other brand of body kit?

If you go to www.daliracing.com, the Wings West body kit is a lot cheaper. You may want to consider getting the WW front air dam and the side skirts only, and installing the 2002 OEM rear instead of the WW rear spats. The WW rear spats have a reputation for not fitting well, and personally, I think the 2002 rear looks better.

charleysung said:
If you go to www.daliracing.com, the Wings West body kit is a lot cheaper. You may want to consider getting the WW front air dam and the side skirts only, and installing the 2002 OEM rear instead of the WW rear spats. The WW rear spats have a reputation for not fitting well, and personally, I think the 2002 rear looks better.

Wow ... you are not kidding. $575 :D Thanks a lot for the tip. What does a 2002 rear look like? Any photo?

FYI, my personal experience with the WW parts has been mixed. I own two of the front chin spoilers and have been very pleased with the fitment of them both. (I have a spare painted and ready to put on at all times) The side skirts were a different story. The fitment of the WW side skirts left alot to be desired. I have since removed them and have installed a set of Vinny's side skirts. The fitment is spot on and they are, IMO, more aggressive and exotic looking than the WW skirts. Best of luck to you both,
Scott

TampaBayNSX-R said:
FYI, my personal experience with the WW parts has been mixed. I own two of the front chin spoilers and have been very pleased with the fitment of them both. (I have a spare painted and ready to put on at all times) The side skirts were a different story. The fitment of the WW side skirts left alot to be desired. I have since removed them and have installed a set of Vinny's side skirts. The fitment is spot on and they are, IMO, more aggressive and exotic looking than the WW skirts. Best of luck to you both,
Scott

Where can I find info on this Vinny's side skirt set?

icefire,

I looking for a simple kit myself. I'm think about the WW front and rear spats along with the vinny sides. It's a pretty common kit and it's pretty inexpensive. Maybe we can start a group by or something.

Ken

Icefire,
Vinny's shop is located in Merritt Island, FL which had some damage from one of the THREE hurricanes we've enjoyed during the past six weeks. Phone lines were down awhile back but may be up and running again. The number at the shop is (321) 453-6969. Tell him Scott from St. Pete gave you the #. Just ask for "Vinny". Best of luck!

IMO using the WW front lip with Vinny's (or Marga Hills) side skirts don't look right. The side skirts extend lower to the ground while the WW front lip doesn't. I'd either (a)get a new front bumper to match the Vinny side skirts, (b)use the WW side skirts, (c)get the Dali Racing "Mugen" side skirt(same design as GruppeM/Erebuni), (d)get the real GruppeM kit.

I've seen the WW front lip matched up with a GruppeM style side skirt and it looked really good. Add the 02+ rear lower valence and you've got one unique look. Nothing I've seen done just yet.

Guys,

I am running into a dead end here. Though leaning toward WW body kit, but just don't haven't seen enough details and photos of the WW setup to complete convience myself. Can those of you who have installed WW body kit post some photos of the finished look? Front, side, rear and close up details would be GREATLY helpful.

Thanks a million. :D

icefire said:
Guys,

I am running into a dead end here. Though leaning toward WW body kit, but just don't haven't seen enough details and photos of the WW setup to complete convience myself. Can those of you who have installed WW body kit post some photos of the finished look? Front, side, rear and close up details would be GREATLY helpful.

Thanks a million. :D

Here you go :)

4139DSC00618.JPG

4139DSC00623.JPG

icefire said:
1TITENSX,

Thanks. Are there any obvious fit issues with the kit? Your NSX looks like it's been lowered. Do you often have ground clearence problem with the front air dam?

Not sure if you know, but this is not my car :p

Last edited:
1TITENSX said:
When I did a search using "wings west", I saw posts on the side skirts sagging and the rear spats not lining up correctly. Can someone on this board attest to this?

From personal experience:
Side skirts sagging: yes
Rear spats not lining up: no, but it is a son of a gun to keep them on (also if you have twin exit exhaust) the 02 rear will not fit.

donwon said:
From personal experience:
Side skirts sagging: yes
Rear spats not lining up: no, but it is a son of a gun to keep them on (also if you have twin exit exhaust) the 02 rear will not fit.

Is side skirt sagging due to the fact that they are made out of urethane instead of glass or CF?

Yes that's one reason...another is that they do not have any support to hold the bottom piece in place to avoid the sagging.

The rears are easy to line up, but like mentioned above hard to keep on using only the double sided tape. I've seen some owners drill the rear spat to keep it mounted on so if this mod is fine with you that's fine. Also you would have to drill some holes on the bottom inside of the spat as water will collect in them thus putting adding more weight to the spats which could lead to it falling off if not mounted securely.

Hmmm....

I don't really like WingsWest bodykit because so many people have one now. (I'm not trying to offend WingsWest fans or owners)

I personally like these kits...
These kits are NOT widebody...so I guess these kits meet your criteria.

ZAZ front lip and side skirt
http://www.twinkle-produce.com/shop/nsx/items/exterior/d01/image02.jpg
http://www.twinkle-produce.com/shop/nsx/items/exterior/d02/image01.jpg

Route-KS LM style
http://www.twinkle-produce.com/shop/nsx/items/exterior/b01/image01.jpg
http://www.twinkle-produce.com/shop/nsx/items/exterior/b01/image03.jpg

Route-KS Hornet
(by the way this one has rear fender trim)
http://www.twinkle-produce.com/shop/nsx/items/exterior/a01/image01.jpg
http://www.twinkle-produce.com/shop/nsx/items/exterior/a01/image04.jpg

Back