Wheres my oil pressure?

Well I'm setting at the redlight today and the oil psi is barely off the zero mark! I give the gas a little tap and it goes up just a hair. I take off and it does'nt get above 4 {I assume 40 psi} at even higher RPM's and it normally is around 50/60 psi in the revs. Now I'm sick. Next red light, damn near on zero again but no oil light or engine noise. It's never done this on me. I got a pretty good drive coming up sunday. Any NSX techs out there this evening? BTW, yes it's full of oil. Thanks in advance.:frown:

like others have said the gauge will read inbetween 2 and 0 after warmed up at idle. Don't be concerned unless the waring light comes on, enjoy your drive:smile:

Huge thanks guys, It's always idled at the second line steady hot, and when it would'nt go over 4 in the revs I almost crapped my ivory seats. BTW should I replace the psi sensor?

Don't waste your money, my 91 did it and my 02 does the same thing. It just seems to be one of the quirks of the NSX, you will learn to ignore it most of the time:wink:

The gages are not very good in these cars .

I have to contradict. :) The gauges are quite good on this car. Mine did this after 16 years and only did it once. So I'd say the gauges are of quite good quality.

Well I'm setting at the redlight today and the oil psi is barely off the zero mark! I give the gas a little tap and it goes up just a hair. I take off and it does'nt get above 4 {I assume 40 psi} at even higher RPM's and it normally is around 50/60 psi in the revs. Now I'm sick. Next red light, damn near on zero again but no oil light or engine noise. It's never done this on me. I got a pretty good drive coming up sunday. Any NSX techs out there this evening? BTW, yes it's full of oil. Thanks in advance.:frown:

I am not an expert but Per Service Manual warm idle gauge should read .75 hair bellow one so sounds normal. Gauge should synchronize with driving behavior i.e gauge should raise as you raise the revolutions per 1000.

Replacing oil pump is good preventative measure on these cars.

Hello, i had the same on my car only one day it was good and the other day it was too low. Found out it was the oil sending unit. Easy to change and not expensive. I can tell you that it "feels" strange when your oil pressure gauge reads to low. Now mine is good for over 2 years and when i am on the highway i always peek every now and than at the oil pressure and it just feels good to see that the engine is fine.

Back