• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Where is Scorp965?

I purchased side skirts from him and sent payment almost 2 months ago but have not heard from him since. He also has not posted on the board since then. Aside from following up on my purchase, I hope all is well with John K.

Anyone know or heard from him?

I've sent a letter requesting an update.

All of the people finder type sites that have a phone number listed do not accept or has problems processing Canadian Credit card... i.e. State is required but of course when the Country is Canada, none of the Canadian Provinces show up!

If someone could be so kind and may already have these services available, please let me know via PM. I don't mind paying a nominal fee for a single search so I can get a phone number to call. Thanks.

Now that I'm doing some more research, maybe I should have done that before I decided to send John Keezer money. I'm still trying to appeal to his sense of "doing the right thing" and sending me the side skirts or my money back but it's not looking too good given the absolute zero response from every avenue I've tried to contact him.

Unfortunately I sent a check rather than via Credit Card or Paypal so I can't dispute the charges.

Any suggestions on recourse would be appreciated. Call the bank, the local authorities, etc. I've transacted with him before without issue but this time, he's gone dark so I don't know what to think.

[Admin Note: Provide suggestions via email or PM; this is not a discussion thread]

Re: Where is Scorp965? - found!

I wanted to update the thread and close off the issue. I recently received the parts in good order.

Scorp965 was MIA for about 2 months as he was abroad in another country. While I have some concerns about him allowing a business associate / partner the use of his online accounts while he was away, which lead me to believe that he was active while ignoring all my messages and attempts to contact... it was that person who brought it to Scorp965's attention and he responded while abroad and let me know when he would be back in the country.

Upon his return, we spoke on the phone and he was very professional and apologetic about the lack of communication. I do take some of the blame as I did indicate to him that I was "in no rush" but because I received no updates or replies for months, I was concerned that I was being "ripped off".

Scorp965 kept me in the loop and delivered the parts as promised in good condition and well packed. Thanks to all who responded to help me find Scorp965 and to Scorp965 for holding up his end of the deal.

Back