Where do I start?

I'm a current Audi TT Owner. I am really interested in buying a NSX. Here are some of my questions:
1. I live in New York. How well does the NSX handle in the snow?
I would have to drive this car on a short hop to work every day.Is it worth it?
2. If it handles in the snow, Do I need winter rated tires?
3. Should I start looking in Hemmings News,or on-line?
4.Does anyone have any experience with Bay State Motors?I saw an nsx on their site. Just curious if anyone heard of them?
OK I think this is a good start. Thanks Everyone.

P.S. It wont be a new one, Cant afford it. Looking for maybe a 94-95 no more than 45K. Is this reasonable?

Hey there and welcome! Here is where you want to start your research. Also, the Search Engine will be most beneficial in getting questions to your answers quick. Try the search first, you won't be dissappointed.

Netman128 said:
1. I live in New York. How well does the NSX handle in the snow?
With winter tires, it's okay, as long as the snow isn't very deep. However, I wouldn't use an NSX as my only car in a northern climate.

Netman128 said:
I would have to drive this car on a short hop to work every day.Is it worth it?
I'm not sure what you mean. Is it worth having, to enjoy only for short commuting? Sure, if you would enjoy it for that; it's your money. Is it worth having an NSX as an only car, and having to rely on it no matter what the weather or no matter where you're going? I think you're better off having a second car available, or having a different car if you can only have one. Just my O.

Netman128 said:
2. If it handles in the snow, Do I need winter rated tires?
In New York? Yes, absolutely.

Netman128 said:
3. Should I start looking in Hemmings News,or on-line?
On the 'net, starting with NSXprime. Other good sources are autotrader.com, cars.com, and this site.

Netman128 said:
4.Does anyone have any experience with Bay State Motors?I saw an nsx on their site. Just curious if anyone heard of them?
They've been mentioned here before. Try using the search button above.

Netman128 said:
Looking for maybe a 94-95 no more than 45K. Is this reasonable?
Yes. However, I would suggest you decide first whether you want a '94 or a '95. There are two big differences between them; the '94 is a fixed-roof coupe and the '95 is a removable-roof NSX-T, and a '95 will cost $6-8K more than an otherwise-similar '94. (Check out the FAQ section on Pricing.) Your choice.

Welco, I would yoou do some homework on both the 94&95, get to know the differances between them.
There is a lot of info on this site (I used this site to get educated on the engineering and owner expericences on this car). You should do thhe same.

I don't think the NSX would be great in the snow...most people store them in the Winter.

Hope this helps.

Bram

Back