• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where did you find your NSX? Did you travel? What's your story?

Purchased mine in Calgary via a friend who knew someone closely that he tracked with. Car #282. I've imported a dozen cars or so from the US over the past 15 years, but not the NSX. Canadian climate makes it a part time driver vs. yearly like those in the US. Also, the heat can wear and tear a car quite well too - especially the paint.

I have yet to see anyone locally here in Calgary (well aside from one I guess) who's US imported car is in as good or better OEM condition than a CDN car. In fact was just at a local car show that had 9 or so various years/colors/modded and the majority of those looked tired or gawdy.

Ultimately you merely need to be happy with what you purchase and for the price you purchase it for. I have long held the belief that you get what you pay for and rarely is anything underpriced.

Car #282.

Wow, mine is #283!

I'm sure everyone is sick of my story by now, but here's an abridged version:

Rented GTA Exotics' yellow NSX over Canada Day 2007 to get engaged and even though it was in horrible condition, I fell in love.

That started my search, at times furious, at times more furious. I went and saw most examples within Ontario during this time; never really wanting to travel too far only to be disappointed. There were many that came close, but none that tore the money from my hands.

Finally I saw one on Autotrader, and started to speak to the owner. Back and forth for a month, I agreed to drive from Hamilton to Ottawa one Saturday morning to close the deal. It turns out that the PO had the car for 13 years and kept it factory stock with all sorts of maintenance.

My friend and I left my house at 2am, were in Ottawa for 7am, closed the deal and returned to Niagara Falls for a bachelor party by 5:30pm. Since then, I drive it every chance I get.

My search was 5 years, so I guess the lesson is that good things come to those who wait.

I have yet to see anyone locally here in Calgary (well aside from one I guess) who's US imported car is in as good or better OEM condition than a CDN car. In fact was just at a local car show that had 9 or so various years/colors/modded and the majority of those looked tired or gawdy.

Were you at Driven as well? Which NSX was yours? There were far too many haggard NSX's there.

Were you at Driven as well? Which NSX was yours? There were far too many haggard NSX's there.

I attended, but only as an patron. I mean no disrespect to those that love their rides, but as I mentioned, all except for one looked tired or their mods were gawdy (to me personally anyway). I have no idea how many were original CDN issue rides vs. US. My observation was merely that few US rides are as clean as the CDN issue rides due to mileage, weather, and demographics WRT to modding approaches. The last dynamic is of course changing with the relaxation on importing for cars over 15 years. Glad I have a nice OEM worthy ride who's mods are few and tasteful IMO. I remember a quote that Chip Foose as a master customizer once said, "If you can't distinguish the OEM from the custom, then I've done my job". :)

I attended, but only as an patron. I mean no disrespect to those that love their rides, but as I mentioned, all except for one looked tired or their mods were gawdy (to me personally anyway). I have no idea how many were original CDN issue rides vs. US. My observation was merely that few US rides are as clean as the CDN issue rides due to mileage, weather, and demographics WRT to modding approaches. The last dynamic is of course changing with the relaxation on importing for cars over 15 years. Glad I have a nice OEM worthy ride who's mods are few and tasteful IMO. I remember a quote that Chip Foose as a master customizer once said, "If you can't distinguish the OEM from the custom, then I've done my job". :)

Each to their own I guess. Being that I don't know what NSX's present were CDN issue, I dare say my USDM NSX was among the cleanest and minty NSX's there. I guess my mods were gawdy, but that is once again personal preference.

Each to their own I guess. Being that I don't know what NSX's present were CDN issue, I dare say my USDM NSX was among the cleanest and minty NSX's there. I guess my mods were gawdy, but that is once again personal preference.

If yours was the white one on the track near the front entry, then that would be the one exception. It was tasteful and nicely done for sure. I'm just personally not one of those owners who likes the body kits, erector set spoilers, and unnecessary bling. Again, no disrespect, each to their own on that stuff. Hey, that's why we each get to own or own copy right. It's a reflection of our personality and likes.

one of my fav stories!

Wow, mine is #283!

I'm sure everyone is sick of my story by now, but here's an abridged version:

Rented GTA Exotics' yellow NSX over Canada Day 2007 to get engaged and even though it was in horrible condition, I fell in love.

That started my search, at times furious, at times more furious. I went and saw most examples within Ontario during this time; never really wanting to travel too far only to be disappointed. There were many that came close, but none that tore the money from my hands.

Finally I saw one on Autotrader, and started to speak to the owner. Back and forth for a month, I agreed to drive from Hamilton to Ottawa one Saturday morning to close the deal. It turns out that the PO had the car for 13 years and kept it factory stock with all sorts of maintenance.

My friend and I left my house at 2am, were in Ottawa for 7am, closed the deal and returned to Niagara Falls for a bachelor party by 5:30pm. Since then, I drive it every chance I get.

My search was 5 years, so I guess the lesson is that good things come to those who wait.

I turned down the '92 I was considering after visually inspecting it. Just didn't feel right.

My search continues. :)

Back