Where can I find a vintage Honda pre-84?

I want a vintage Honda for a toy. Maybe a CVCC, but where can I find one? I never see any for sale. I am still kicking myself over a day 2 yrs ago, when I saw a couple of college kids filling up a pristine CVCC at the gas station. I should have walked up and offered to buy it right there on the spot!

Anyone know of any for sale?

CVCC's ARE getiing pretty rare, even in the Bay Area. I once owned a Honda 600 Coupe and those were the ultimate toy. 2 cyl., air-cooled, 30 cubic inch engine, smog exempt, blast to drive! If anyone knows where I can find another of these let me know.

I think the problem with the early civic's was rust . There are very few good early examples left out there. I had a '80 Civic DX and for the day it was a great little car. 45 mpg was common on the hwy. Then I couldn't leave it alone and added all the go fast goodies available back then. It was either AT Engineering or Jackson Racing. At that time they were pretty much equal so i went AT. Webber, header, exhaust, full centrifigal distributor, lightened flywheel, and heavier clutch. Front air dam and Carrol Shelby CSS Gold wheels (sort of BBS look alikes). Personal license plate: "CVCC GT". Believe it or not I could keep up with (but not pass) a Z28 of the same year. Fantastic little car! And the kids now days think they started the honda mod. thing. I guess I never grew out of it, I have a 98 GSR and a 91 NSX both with a few mods. :D :D :D :D

Back