When removing trunk lid...

...do I need to remove spoiler first?

I am looking over my service manual, and there are diagrams, but I am still a bit puzzled.

How do I get the wiring harnesss for the high mount light totally out of the way, or totally separated, from the trunk lid?

I see the wiring harness connector under the air scoop, so I know that I can remove that connection. But, once I have the lid off, to I have to pry-off that rubber "hole patch" and feed the harness back through the lid? Or do I separate the spoiler first, and then disconnect the harness from there?

I just want the easiest way to take out the whole lighting harness out of the lid.

THANKS!!

Don't you have a separate connector in the neighbourhood of the the rear window garnish ?

As for the other connector, Swerve is right, there is a connector hidden under the third brake light. I have one more suggestion for you though.
Before you are pulling out the wire completely from the trunk, you might want to tie a small wire around one end. Once the cable is out it is very hard to get the cable back in. Having a wire present to just pull the harness through might save you a lot of time.

No need to remove the spoiler if you are removing the trunk lid, you will need to unplug the 3rd brake light connector at one of the mini shocks.

Armando

No need to remove the spoiler if you are removing the trunk lid, you will need to unplug the 3rd brake light connector at one of the mini shocks.

Armando

Ok, so I remove the spoiler, disconnect the harness there, and THEN pull the high point harness out through the underside of the trunk lid. I got to pry off the oval rubber pad next to trunk strut to get everything out - correct?

This whole mini-project is about swapping out trunk lids.

Back