whatta guys HONESTLY THINK???

jak

Registered Member
I have a source on a 1997 6 peed car Kaisar Silver... this car is VERY clean and looks like new..98K is where I wonder Waterpump and Timing belt just done last week...$35K is the price ??...good buy???..I assume the mileage is highway as the car shows very little if any signs of wear.... I also have posted help with car fax as I posted the VIN with no reply?? :(...please help the newbie??

jak said:
I have a source on a 1997 6 peed car Kaisar Silver... this car is VERY clean and looks like new..98K is where I wonder Waterpump and Timing belt just done last week...$35K is the price ??...good buy???..I assume the mileage is highway as the car shows very little if any signs of wear.... I also have posted help with car fax as I posted the VIN with no reply?? :(...please help the newbie??

Do you have pictures?? I personally would not be scared of the car...but I also drive my cars a lot, so maybe that has something to do with it. ;)

35 K for an NSX with those kinds of miles would be fair in my opinion. Its not a great deal that you need to jump on right now. Personally, I'd wait and find a better deal in terms of mileage and price combined.

If your seriously interested in this car, I would recommend you PPI the car first at a very reputable shop. Clutch, timing-belt, window regulator, trunk shocks, etc can all be costly combined together and therefore would make this car much more than 35 K.

Keep in mind, a mint condition 97 w/approx 30-35 k miles could be had for about 45 - 47 k under the right circumstances. Keep searching and good luck.

yeah but is the lower milage worth 10K? the are has already depriciated as much as it is going to (wear and tear not withstanding) so why spend the extra cash for a low milage car? heck 98K for a 97 isnt even that high.....just my opinion, but buy it..save the 10K and put it into a rental house

01blacks4 said:
yeah but is the lower milage worth 10K? the are has already depriciated as much as it is going to (wear and tear not withstanding) so why spend the extra cash for a low milage car? heck 98K for a 97 isnt even that high.....just my opinion, but buy it..save the 10K and put it into a rental house

I agree. $10,000 is a lot of good reasons to buy a car with more miles. At least for me it is. :)

I have pics on my email however I do not know how to post them...I assure you is very clean Timing belt and waterpump is being done..I want to have the owner do a compression check as well......I agree I don't think 10 Kmore is worth lower miles..???

Well I guess I'm the minority here, but whether the 10K is really worth the lower miles is purely subjective depending on the buyers situation. Ultimately its your decision and reading your previous post, you've already made up your mind.

Assuming the car is in good condition, I'd say it's a decent deal. That said, my advice would be to post some high resolutions pics, and the more you have the better. There are a few members on the forum who have an unbelievable ability to pick apart an NSX just by looking at the photos, finding all sorts of possible caution flags. If you need help posting pics, you might want to ask for help in the NSX Prime website news & discussion forum, or read some of these threads.

I personally think if your penny pinching now, go for a 91-96 w/ better miles!

jak said:

hmmm... Just keep in mind, the inevitable can happen & it does! Have some checks at hand in case it does... :redface:

We all want to prevent this from happening again:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45014&highlight=motor+rebuild

I have been looking at 3.2's lately and yours sounds about right. My recomendation is to spend the extra $500.00 for a thorough inspection. $500.00 is nothing compared to $35,000.00.

I wish I had your luck.

Last edited:
another one that's a potentially attractive deal...!

inxs said:
... I wish I had your luck.

hmmm... Since I can't address this one lead I had, I'd be obliged to let another 'Prime member take the intiative on a 1997 Kaiser Silver 6spd NSX-T w/ higher than usual miles (high 70k's)... PM for details. :smile:

Has the clutch been done - its a 2-3k job. I figure if you buy this car there might be potential problems, why not get a lower mileage that would put you at less risk and better resell value. Depends how long you planning on keeping the car.

nsxexotic said:
Has the clutch been done - its a 2-3k job. I figure if you buy this car there might be potential problems, why not get a lower mileage that would put you at less risk and better resell value. Depends how long you planning on keeping the car.

So spend an extra $10-12K for a lower mileage car because one day it will need a $2-3K clutch??

If a good condition 97 would have been available to me for $35K when I was shopping, I'd be making the deal, not typing here tipping others off! :D

I think i've seen that NSX auction. Think it sold for $32k

nsxexotic said:
Has the clutch been done - its a 2-3k job.
Clutch life varies, anywhere from 35K to 90K. The clutch has probably been done once, and that may have been a while ago. It's hard to estimate how long a clutch is going to last. The clutch is not a specific concern with this car, any more than for any other NSX (except one that has had its clutch replaced recently).

nsxexotic said:
I figure if you buy this car there might be potential problems, why not get a lower mileage that would put you at less risk and better resell value. Depends how long you planning on keeping the car.
Absolutely! This is always true, and this is what you get by spending more money for a lower mileage car. Various things can fail at different mileage intervals, and the higher the mileage on the car, the more things can fail. All things being equal - which they often aren't - you can expect more things to fail on a higher mileage car than on a lower mileage car.

The question is, how much more is a lower mileage car worth than a higher mileage car? (In the example here, we are assuming that the difference is $10-12K.) And, given the difference in price, it may depend on your financial situation whether it is worth it to you to spend more to get the lower mileage car, or to save money and get the higher mileage car (and the risk of more repairs along with it). Your money, your priorities, your decision.

nsxexotic said:
BRIDGEWATER,

How often do they have NSX at the highline thursday auction at manheim. I've been waiting to go with my buddy (dealer) but haven't made the time.

thanks.

twice a month, but only go the big exotic sale. Coming up next week :biggrin:

Here the deal guys...This original owner car has been at the dealer 56 times for maintenance where the owner has ALWAYS brought it in 50 miles before service....Honda USA told me never had even the smallest warranty claim when it was covered 3yr 36000 miles....... 90K service done 8 K ago Timing belt,waterpump valve adjustment ....When I phoned the dealer he went thru all the records with me but will not fax as I guess theres some issue ...I dunno..but he went thru all maintenace.... the interior is MINT and I read on hee about no concerns with high miles when all the maintenance...I would like to see what Acura recommend for the 30,60,90 big services or what ever mileage the service is done...Im buying forma second owner who didn't have the manual.........

tp add to that I have a source on a original owner 1991 NSx 21k miles and it is the same price!!!!!!....I HAVE to make a :confused: :confused: :confused: decision within 24 hrs....

Back