whats your job?

hello to everyone...

[i hope this question doesn't offend anyone, for its not my intention]

im sure my question has been asked before, but its been a while and since then more people have bought nsx's and i wanted to hear from them too ... and also wolf and nsxvtec1, whom from recent posts i noticed were only 19 but own an nsx, they in particular intrigue me becasue i am only 19 but in the hopes of owning my own nsx very soon.

so all in all my question is:
what do you guys do for a living, hince how are you able to afford your nsx?

as for me i do not currently have an nsx, but am "working" to hopefully buy one soon. it was obvious that workign a 9-5 job as a student would not be nearly enough to buy an nsx, so i decided to start my own business/company, but with a lack of funds and ideas, i soon started to look into other areas of my interest, and thats how a while back i decided to take the route of being a real estate investor, and now am "working" on deals to buy and flip real estate. this idea to me seemed like the best way to becomign that one step closer to a nsx and a secure future even after i gradutate college.

thanx ~looking forward to your inputs

Do yourself a favor, go get an education. Something that there will be a demand for when you graduate, decent pay, and something of interest for you hopefully(engineering, medicine, etc). Do your research. Avoid any get rich quick schemes. Remember over 90% of business's fail.... not that it can't be done.

I'm a nuclear medicine tech which doesn't pay big $$ unless you take alot of on-call hours (I did my share years ago.) The way I was able to afford my used 97' is that I drove a 91 Civic for 10 years and 194,000 miles. I paid it off early and went 7 years with no car payment and I am not frivilous with my money. I actually used a home equity line to buy the NSX.

I've said it before:
1. Education
2. House (preferably with a garage)
3. NSX

Best of luck

first off thanx for you answer...

and there are two things that i do agree with your post (although the extent to how far they go probably differ) first, education is of course very important, and i do plan to pursue it ...im a second year at cal poly slo studying cpe (possible change of majors tho); and second get rich quick schemes are a waste of time, trust me ive tried them, but the approach i am taking to my real estate business i quite different, although i would like to have the privilege of boasting about how successful it is, i just cant at the time, its something i have and continue to put a lot of work into as we speak. although i am a cpe major (possible me or ee) after i graduate i still plan to do business ...its my goal. my passion for business is not all for the nsx (merely a motivation), it is a way of life i want to choose and follow for a secure future, ofcourse it it a big risk as you said, but id rather take the risk then knowing that i didnt try at all at the end of my life. all in all i just wanted to get started as early as possible so there is room for error (knock on wood).

thanx again
later

I have to agree with hlweyl. Getting your priorities, especially your finances in order before you buy an NSX makes owning one a lot easier. The NSX isn't exactly a cheap car to own. You have higher service/parts costs, insurance, and registration costs and you have to be ready for them when they come. It'd prolly suck to live paycheck to paycheck then get hit with the timing belt and clutch change (that's enough to buy a decent used car right there).

I used to have this girlfriend that would buy herself a Rolex and designer bags when she barely had enough money to pay for them. I didn't get my watches and stuff till after I bought my first NSX because I couldn't be wearing a watch that was worth more than my car and I wasn't gonna have a real nice car until after I owned a house. If she woulda put all that money she spent on herself in investments like I did, she might not be living in an apartment anymore. :)

Wait on the car, I had a NSX when I was young as well and before I bought a house. Don't work for a car it's just not worth it. Get a good job then a house then a nice car. Keep your debt down.

I am a professional grammarian, and I hate posts that have only limited punctuation and no capital letters .

Back