What's your Favorite Mod?

My first NSX (a 2000) was pristine and stock when I sold it. I had my current '02 (again, stock) for a couple of years until I finally started modifying it. I remember the first mod I installed – a Cold Air Intake. It was like cutting myself… she was no longer a virgin.

Now that I have a list of mods, I thought I'd mention my favorite as of today, 12/05/2006. Why today? Well, because my car is at Autowave getting a CTSC & headers installed. But what made me realize what my favorite mod is was basically due to the drive down to Autowave.

My favorite mod is my MOMO Team 300mm steering ring.

It's hard to put into words... but because the steering wheel is so small, it takes much less movement to command the already sharp response of the NSX into action. As I was cruising down I405 towards Huntington Beach (in very light traffic), it felt so much more effortless to zig and zag around the slow curves, between lanes, and through traffic than it ever felt with the stock steering wheel. And on city streets, I can easily take corners without moving either hand position… just twist the wheel and you're off in a new direction. It kinda gives me the feeling of driving an open wheel F1 car.

The new CTSC may change my mind, but for now, it's the 300mm steering wheel. (I may be posting here again in a couple of weeks. :biggrin: )

What's yours?

1. 02 conversion.
2. OEM 16/17 wheels.
3. Goodyear GSD3 tires.
4. Window tint.
5. HKS sports Jasma exhaust.

Future favourites:
1. 02 bumper (confirm getting one Jan 07)
2. GT-One or Downforce sideskirts.
3. Downforce 02R rear wing.
4. Work Emotion CR (white 18/18).
5. 02R rear diffuser.
6. Darker window tint.
7. Test pipes.
8. S2000 antenna.

nsx1 said:

I agree it's a beautiful and functional wheel but is there any way to remove the Momo lettering from the thing? I simply can't imagine driving my car with something that says Momo on it. It simply sounds ridiculous.

Hugh said:
I agree it's a beautiful and functional wheel but is there any way to remove the Momo lettering from the thing? I simply can't imagine driving my car with something that says Momo on it. It simply sounds ridiculous.

dab some citrus paint stripper (sells at walmart, around $5) over the momo logo, let it sit for perhaps 5 minutes, then wipe away - no more paint. I did this to my sparco logo... The black finish is adondized, so it isn't affected.

Went from a 95 to 03:biggrin:

CTSC:biggrin:

I can live without any of my other mods, but definitely not this one. Money well spent.

nsx1 said:
my car is at Autowave getting a CTSC & headers installed.
Steve,
Once you pick up the car take it easy at first and get to know the new car.:biggrin: 5.5K rpm will feel like what 8k rpm used to.

nsxsupra said:
CTSC:biggrin:

I can live without any of my other mods, but definitely not this one. Money well spent.

Steve,
Once you pick up the car take it easy at first and get to know the new car.:biggrin: 5.5K rpm will feel like what 8k rpm used to.
Jason,

You're the reason I'm doing this :wink:. 3 seconds in your car :eek: and my order was in at Autowave. :biggrin:

nsx1 said:
My first NSX (a 2000) was pristine and stock when I sold it. I had my current '02 (again, stock) for a couple of years until I finally started modifying it.

I have a list of mods,
What's yours?

Tubi Exhaust & Comptech Howlers ;)

I already had the Comptech exhaust when I bought the car. Tomorrow I'll fire it up for the first time with my Science of Speed Headers and Test pipes installed along with the downforce cold air intake, which by the way I HIGHLY reccomend to anyone thinking about an intake. It's the cheapest of the intakes, but it's not cheaply made. The fitment is flawless.

ANYTIME, D'Ecosse, and brahtw8 all seem like good mods and pretty cool guys. I don't know how you could pick one over another. :confused:

slap.gif

Other than the cosmetics (Type R), I really really enjoy my Type R suspension package, which including the suspension and Sway bars. The handling characteristics are just amazing. I'm not much of a FI person, but Jason's car is starting to help me thing differently. I would like a little more speed, I will try everything I can to make my car go faster in NA form, but if I can't reach my goal, I will go FI.

02 front and rear up-date,Signature Series side skirts,taitec headers,high flow cats,Ark exhaust,polished aluminum gauge rings,custom yellow headliner with balck inserts,custom leather seats, momo steering wheel,Titaniumdave short shifter,19 and 20 wheel combo on pirelli p-zero nero,Tein flex with EDFC,Zex nitrous kit(75hp shot).Motor built with 9.5 to 1 compression pistons by Science of Speed. Gruppe M supercharger, AEM engine management tuned by Autowave, short gears and 4.23 ring gear,RPS clutch and tons of stereo stuff !!!

All of the above,but ESPECIALLY The Gruppe M(FI) and Nitrous(75hp).For the brief time I drove it it felt awesome.More power is what this car needed for me to be HAPPY,
And now I am(I think,LOL) !!!
Stacy

stacy'snsx said:
02 front and rear up-date,Signature Series side skirts,taitec headers,high flow cats,Ark exhaust,polished aluminum gauge rings,custom yellow headliner with balck inserts,custom leather seats, momo steering wheel,Titaniumdave short shifter,19 and 20 wheel combo on pirelli p-zero nero,Tein flex with EDFC,Zex nitrous kit(75hp shot).Motor built with 9.5 to 1 compression pistons by Science of Speed. Gruppe M supercharger, AEM engine management tuned by Autowave, short gears and 4.23 ring gear,RPS clutch and tons of stereo stuff !!!

All of the above,but ESPECIALLY The Gruppe M(FI) and Nitrous(75hp).For the brief time I drove it it felt awesome.More power is what this car needed for me to be HAPPY,
And now I am(I think,LOL) !!!
Stacy

Sweet, wouldn't mind Stacy's skirts ;) as well as FX 500 makeover ..... :biggrin:

scorp965 said:
Not the door-mounted track lighting?
:biggrin: LOL:biggrin: since I got so heckled for them, they somehow mysteriously disappeared:rolleyes: :biggrin: :wink:

When a non-NSX member said to me, "It kinda' looks like Knight Rider." It was time for them to go:wink:

I think that Wheels and Tires are the best mod...the factory wheels are so boring.

Well I haven't done that many mods (yet), but I think its a tie between my H&R drop and my NSX-R ball shift knob.

The H&R drop gave the car just the right stance and made a huuuge improvement for the looks as well as better handling.
Before i felt that something was missing in terms of looks. But now It just looks so damn right. I luv it! :cool:
Downside is increased tire wear. :frown:

The knob on the other hand really increased the driving pleasure by making the lever shorter wich made the gear changes feel even more crisp and mechanical.
Highly recommended mod to anyone!

But...
I recently mounted a Gruppe M intake, but since the car is put away for the winter I have'nt had the chance to try it out yet and my expectations are set high!
It just might knock these other mods of the podium! :biggrin:

Last edited:
I would have to say exhaust on mine. I enjoy it everytime I start her up and get on the gas. I think the new wheels did the most for the looks of the car but the exhaust was what I missed the most when I got 2nd NSX.

Back