What's the lowest rate to finance the Zanardi?

my 401k through work is limited to $15.5k contribution a year....wish i could put more in. any other ideas?

As is everyone 50 and younger.

Next fill up a Traditional IRA ($5500) then start putting taxable dollars into a brokerage type account.

As is everyone 50 and younger.

Next fill up a Traditional IRA ($5500) then start putting taxable dollars into a brokerage type account.

If your Means-Test average for your company comes up unbalanced (as mine did), you can't even get $15.5K on your 401K. Last year we capped out at $12K and because of my income, I'm not eligible for a Roth IRA either. So basically I'm stuck with only being able to invest $12K into my 401K, $5.5K into a traditional IRA and then I'm done when it comes to tax deferred retirement savings. It blows. You have to then try to maximize your rate of return on the rest. Mutual funds, real estate, whatever. I've asked everybody and there aren't many tax shelters, short of the Grand Cayman Islands. :tongue: :biggrin:

Sorry to go off topic, but why not go with a HELOC to pay for the car. You'll get a good rate, be able to write off the interest, and since you said you have the cash to pay for the car outright, the only negative side to using a HELOC, is eliminated.

If your Means-Test average for your company comes up unbalanced (as mine did), you can't even get $15.5K on your 401K. Last year we capped out at $12K and because of my income, I'm not eligible for a Roth IRA either. So basically I'm stuck with only being able to invest $12K into my 401K, $5.5K into a traditional IRA and then I'm done when it comes to tax deferred retirement savings. It blows. You have to then try to maximize your rate of return on the rest. Mutual funds, real estate, whatever. I've asked everybody and there aren't many tax shelters, short of the Grand Cayman Islands. :tongue: :biggrin:

Sorry to go off topic, but why not go with a HELOC to pay for the car. You'll get a good rate, be able to write off the interest, and since you said you have the cash to pay for the car outright, the only negative side to using a HELOC, is eliminated.

Yeah I capped out at like $13k this year....

Mike just saw your s2000 ad ,smart man! Good luck with the sale.

Mike just saw your s2000 ad ,smart man! Good luck with the sale.

Ah, the advice from the elders kinda sunk in:wink: I drove the car about 800 miles in a year and a half:wink: Im content letting the Zanardi sit, but the S2000 is currently just an expensive lawn ornament. :biggrin:

Smart call as you haven't been driving it. Its perfectly fine for a Zanardi to sit as IMO I do think it will become a sought after car in years to come.

What's your take on stock, all records/paperwork Twin Turbo Supras? My father and I are looking at one now and we are thinking of storing it for a long time driving it very little to keep it okay...

Hey, Mike! I know this topic has wandered far off from your original simple question of simply where to get a loan, but it appears that that Pentagon credit union is a great option at 4.25% for 60 months. If you are financing, that seems like the best option for a 9 year old car.

I understand your clearing of cars, as I am looking to get either a Zanardi Edition NSX or something fun, and will probably end up selling some cars because I hate having car payments, and prefer the security of outright ownership. My '02 S2000 and '96 Integra GS-R (45k original miles!) have been in storage for a long time, and I figure selling both of those will allow me about $26k in cash to sit on. Actually, even if I do not buy another car, I still may sell them, as I never drive either, but they are paid for so I never think about them much.

Anyway, best of luck on your search for financing.

i had a little over 600 fico at the time and applied for a personal loan on my 91 nsx for 13K at 9%. If i applied for a loan on the same car i could get a 7%. Just to give you an idea. PM me if you need any help. I'm a finance manager for auto loans. I'll get you buy rate! that goes for anyone here on prime.

Hey, Mike! I know this topic has wandered far off from your original simple question of simply where to get a loan, but it appears that that Pentagon credit union is a great option at 4.25% for 60 months. If you are financing, that seems like the best option for a 9 year old car.

Done and done:biggrin: Thanks:wink: You still owe me a steak dinner and a beer:tongue:

eloan is way up now..

36 mo or less 37-60 mo 61-72 mo
New Vehicle 6.99% 7.49% 7.99%
Used Vehicle (Dealer) 7.49% 7.99% 8.39%
Private Party Vehicle 9.39% 9.89% 10.39%
Refinance 7.59% 8.09% 8.59%
Lease Buyout 8.65% 9.15% 9.65%

JEEEZ. i'm thinking about a 42k nsx and i dunno where to finance!

Back