Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Look for healthy options that are low in fat

Votes: 14 46.7%
  • Low carb, High protein Paleo diet

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Vegan/vegetarian/Plant based diet

Votes: 3 10.0%

• Total voters
I can eat anything in any amount and I wont gain an ounce, I don't work out either but I'm very active. I've been the same weight most of my life, 185 and just under six foot by a half inch. I don't eat as much as I use to and over the past few years have considerably reduced my beef intake as it just doesn't agree with me anymore. I replaced beef with bison and all is good.

Tonight for dinner, bag of pretzels, no joke. Homemade pizza for lunch and eggs, toast, bacon for breakfast. I drink a considerable amount of water everyday, minimum of ten bottles.

My oldest daughter did a list at school of the five things she'd love forever. Bacon made the number one slot, I came in second.

Last edited:
Last time I checked, I have four canine teeth in my mouth.

Humans are omnivores, but we can adapt to eat just about anything.
That said, the old rule applies: everything in moderation.
I am a firm believer that you should not let the pendulum swing too far. Not eating meat 100% can have a bad result in your ability to digest other foods. You need that bacteria in your gut. Meat is the only thing that really feeds that.
and
vegetarian is an old Indian word for "bad hunter".

Last time I checked, I have four canine teeth in my mouth.

Humans are omnivores, but we can adapt to eat just about anything.
That said, the old rule applies: everything in moderation.
I am a firm believer that you should not let the pendulum swing too far. Not eating meat 100% can have a bad result in your ability to digest other foods. You need that bacteria in your gut. Meat is the only thing that really feeds that.
and
vegetarian is an old Indian word for "bad hunter".
hah!!!!:wink:

This topic has been something I have been thinking about for a while as I have gotten older. As you may know, my NSX helped get me going on a running regime for health reasons and that has been a great first step, but I have also been trying to work in healthier eating without turning grocery shopping & cooking in to a part time job. We recently started working with Blue Apron and I have to say I am really liking the program. It doesn't cut down on cooking time, but it takes a lot of the THINKING out of the "what's for dinner" question. While I am sure there are ways that we could eat even healthier, it is a good start and more importantly it seems like the type of program that we can actually stick with.

I don't think Blue Apron makes any sense if you have kids, but for 2 working people it is quite a nice solution and I feel like we are getting more diversity in our diet than when I was doing the shopping.

Back