What's a Mach 1 Mustang?

NSX/MR2

Suspended
How difference is it from a regular Mustang or Coba? What is their net hp figure? What kind of time slip: 0-60, 1/8 and 1/4 do they post?

The mach 1 has a 305 HP V8 ( a detuned cobra motor) with more low end tq I think. It does 0-60 in low 5's and mid 13's in the 1/4.

Thank you for the info. The 3.0 NSXes will have no problem with these things at all (I beat him with a 8.9s, 9.01 slips for the 1/8.) However, in one run, no matter how I tried, the shifter won't go into second. That resulted in a 10.67 for the 1/8th. Ouch! Better check that tranny.

No, it was a 1/8th track. However, the gap was beginning to get a bit comfy between the NSX and the Mach 1 at the end of the race.

My friends friend wants to race me in his 2003 Cobra. He has a 15lbs pulley and a chip and appartley makes 450RWHP. I said no thanks :) -- but I will go for a ride!

NetViper said:
My friends friend wants to race me in his 2003 Cobra. He has a 15lbs pulley and a chip and appartley makes 450RWHP. I said no thanks :) -- but I will go for a ride!

With that kind of power, you will need a 9lbs unit to take care of business. However, mine and another NSX's experiences have proved that the NSX is not slow at all in stock form.

Back