What would you do if no new NSX?

Heaven forbid! If the unthinkable happens, I'll be looking for an '02 six speed in Imola orange or a Lotus Elise. That is unless, Honda has another suitable sports car by then. Don't see myself ever getting a 'vette, despite the fact that it might be the most logical alternative. Just curious what my brethren are thinking.
Cheers!

I'm wondering that too. The usual alternatives - the next gen Z06, 997, Viper - all have their much-discussed plusses and minuses. The Z06 will have overwhelming performance, but sub-NSX refinement, and the obligatory acres of cheap interior plastic. The 997 seems very well put together, but it won't be the screamer the Z06 is, and looks awfully bland to me, hardly distinguishable from the 996. Neither car will have much "rarity". The Viper is a beast, but I don't much care to have a refrigerator under my hood.

The various Italian machinery will be lustful as always, but priced in the stratosphere. Not so much to buy, but to maintain. No thanks.

The car I'm keeping a close eye on is the next gen Lotus Esprit:

http://www.sandsmuseum.com/cars/eli...azine2004/autocar020304/autocardesignlab.html

This car, if it actually happens, should combine the exotic styling, rarity, and superb mid-engined handling that we expect from a next-gen NSX. You know Lotus will keep it super lightweight. If Toyota supplies the engine, as rumored, then at least that will be bulletproof. The only possible negatives I can see are near-Ferrari maintenance costs, and quality control for the rest of the car. Here's hoping those won't be deal breakers.

Last edited:
Buy Used

I would buy a used NSX, which was my plan to start with since I like neither the styling or price of the 04's. Given the low production numbers for all but the first year, that is probably what I would end up with--oh, and it must be black.

I wouldn't buy a new car from anyone other than Honda. I don't like the newer Vettes and I think the exotics are too much time and money to keep running.

So if there is no NSX and I can't find a good early model, I may end up hot rodding another CRX or some very old American steel. That last option has the advantage of avoiding the emissions testing bugaboo. I know, that wouldn't be an NSX, but what would?

I would probably pick up a 02 and ship it to factor X. The FX500 will easily outperform any new NSX honda will make anyway. I would also update the interior to look more modern.

NOBLE M12 GTR .... PERIOD!

Either new or used. I ALMOST picked up a used one for $72K. The gentleman was advertising it at $84K on ebay but after lots of talking, he kept lowering the price. If he would have dropped down a bit more, I might have sold my '03NSX for one.

I drove my friend's NOBLE in LA and it was beyond words.

in 2nd place... I'd go into an "04 Esprit or the new '06Esprit.

But in the end..... I truly hope they buil a new NSX......

Have you seen the new Noble in Car and Driver. They are asking WAY more money now. Well over 100K.

The Noble is an INCREDIBLE car! An italian friend has one and it destroys the 2004 GT3 or the 360 CS on the track. And it looks a lot better than the 911 too...

No new NSX? In fours/five years I would buy a Modena Spyder or a Gallardo. Or maybe a Noble. All these cars will be priced for <70k$ here... :D

NetViper said:
Have you seen the new Noble in Car and Driver. They are asking WAY more money now. Well over 100K.

The real price for the M12 is 45'000£ in the UK, 70'000 EUR, 84'000$.

I think in the rest of Europe it is about 5'000$ more. around 90'000$. An hell of a car for the money, you pay for the car not for the brand! :eek:

rt03noble01.jpg

2004.03.02_Noble_M12_open.jpg

0-60mph: 3.7 seconds
0-100mph: 9.0 seconds
Top speed: 170mph

Ford 3.0-litre V6 with twin Garrett water-cooled turbochargers: 352bhp at 6200rpm and 350lb ft of torque between 3500 and 5000rpm.

Weight 1080kg (=2350lbs) !

Now the M 400 is on the way: basically same car with improved engine (425bhp at 6500rpm and 390lb ft of torque at 5000rpm). Use of lighter materials to reduce wight. Price is quite "round" at 100k$ ... who still wants a 997 CarreraS? :p

0-60mph: 3.5 seconds
0-100mph: 8.0 seconds
Top speed: 185mph

Weight 1060kg (=2300lbs)! :eek:

Last edited:
The 100K plus Noble is the M14 which is designed to be a Ferrari competitor. It is supposed to have the refinement of a modern car and still have superb performance. In regards to the M400, the engine is the same as in the M12 GTO but it runs higher boost. It also has side scoops to help cool the engine bay which can run very hot.

Tim

NetViper said:
I would probably pick up a 02 and ship it to factor X. The FX500 will easily outperform any new NSX honda will make anyway. I would also update the interior to look more modern.

Exactly what I was thinking. Pick up a used 02+. I may do the basic performance bolts on though unless Factor X price is a bit more affordable at that time. Either that or I'll just go back to Luxury sport coupes or sedans.

If there was no new NSX I would consider going "all the way" with my current 92 and go wide body, 02 headlights, 3.3L conversion, brakes, and fresh paint. OR.. I would purchase a 430 Modena. Or, depending on my financial condition in the next two years - do both.. or neither. :D

Does anyone know if there are any special requirements you have to meet to put a deposit on one other than having 10k lying around?

If we have to play 'new car' rules:
I hope I'll always have the NSX that I currently do, and would love to have an HSC to sit beside it in a few years if Honda builds it right. If they go hybrid or funky or not at all, I think I'd probably get a 911. Who knows what the model soup is, but I'll take the highest HP normally NA one with rwd (a la GT3). Runner up would probably be an Elise.

If not, there are a ton of used cars I am just dying to own and would probably shop there first. Given the money, I could put Jay Leno to shame. Unfortunately, I have a few more contraints than him so the S7, 959, F40, Muira and others might have to wait for a bit.
:D

JimK said:
Just curious what my brethren are thinking.

At this point I think that my NSX will be the first car that I keep indefinately. If another NSX comes out that knocks my socks off.... well I would probably wait a few years, buy one and put next to the first gen already in my garage.

looks like they tested the HSC with NSX-R and S2000 ;) I think HSC is more likely a model fits between NSX and S2000.

Attachments

• HSCroadTESTED1.jpg
    HSCroadTESTED1.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 2,201
HSC said:
looks like they tested the HSC with NSX-R and S2000 ;) I think HSC is more likely a model fits between NSX and S2000.

Do you have any more info on this test?? Was it a real test or a fake like R&T did?

The HSC looks amazing next to the NSX.

not sure if it's a real test, but I don't think this pic is photoshoped. I will let you guys know if I found more info on this.

Yes, I agreed that HSC looks so nice beside NSX-R, if it will only have 370hp for $60k I will still get one and spend 10k to supercharge it to 500hp+ :)

HSC styling + SH-AWD + 500hp = $70k, why not?

Last edited:
Back to the original question, if there were no new NSX/HSC I think that the best thing would be to keep your NSX stock and in good shape. IMO, as time goes on, nice unmodified cars will be more sought after when production stops.

kgb_agent said:
Back to the original question, if there were no new NSX/HSC I think that the best thing would be to keep your NSX st ock and in good shape. IMO, as time goes on, nice unmodified cars will be more sought after when production stops.

Thing only have value if you want to sell them. I for one will never sell my NSX. I just know it will be even harder to replace it. so i intend to keep it in the family. It will be passed on to my son and to his son and so on and so on etc...............

Oh ya, but i would need a daily driver :D would have to be a 997TT :D or 998tT or 999tt etc.......................................... :D i'm sure the 999 model they will be putting out some 999 hp.......

Back