what to do with my civic?

I have a 1993 civic si hatchback as beater car. I've been playing the idea of turning it into track car, this is the whole reason I got it back then. Currently, I don't have the extra fund to turn the civic into track car, it maybe 1-2 years down the road, and I'll most likely to share with my cousin.
But I've always love the original mini w/1275 engine, I wonder If I should sell the civic and save up a little and get a old mini.

What would you guys do?

If money is an issue, go with the Civic. Mini parts are a lot more expensive, not easily available and less reliable. Civic aftermarket parts are everywhere. You can spend more time tracking the car and less time fixing it. Btw, I love the old Minis too.

The civic is much faster. It is a boatload of fun if you put the right parts on it.
front4.jpg

btw,

I have a racing tranny for sale. This is racing tranny for B series motor. It was built by Kaaz in 2001 and never been used. It uses all Kaaz gears and LSD. It was built for World Challenge car. This is a serious tranny. Very short gears and final drive. Only suitable for racing.

Been sitting for almost 3 years. Need to unload it fast. Bought it for over $5K. Sacrifice for lucky buyer for $3K.

picture of the tranny

Told you... Keep the Civic , B**ch!!!

if you hate driving it around town so much, even cut the insurance and put the M Class outside of the garage.

I never drove a Mini, but I don't think I need any prove of its amazing handling... I too think it's going to be a lot of problem down to the road, as you and me trying to learn driving and racing, we don't want too much distractions.

Thank you Andrie ;)

Re: Told you... Keep the Civic , B**ch!!!

NSXDreamer2 said:
if you hate driving it around town so much, even cut the insurance and put the M Class outside of the garage.

I never drove a Mini, but I don't think I need any prove of its amazing handling... I too think it's going to be a lot of problem down to the road, as you and me trying to learn driving and racing, we don't want too much distractions.

Thank you Andrie ;)

Everyone can talk except you! Bitch, I'm Rick James, Bitch!! :p

Last edited:
Just a shot in the dark, but......

I have come across moer than a few companies offering VTEC engine swap kits for the original mini. they say the clubman is the perfered one to do it in??? i dont know what model of mini that is.

But if you can jam a B16A in that car (like their kit is designed for) why not up the ante and drop a type-r motor in there, and really have fun.

-Ray

NA1 #2853 said:
Just a shot in the dark, but......

I have come across moer than a few companies offering VTEC engine swap kits for the original mini. they say the clubman is the perfered one to do it in??? i dont know what model of mini that is.

But if you can jam a B16A in that car (like their kit is designed for) why not up the ante and drop a type-r motor in there, and really have fun.

-Ray

Yes, I've seen vtec mini van video around nuburgring, the car was just simply amazing at turns, but the gearing was too short and the E30 could pull away at long stright.
But most mini people said the vtec engine really screw up the balance of a mini.
oh well.....here's the video of the vtec min:D

right click, save as

http://www.ringmini.de/English_Version/-Videos-/-videos-.htmlhttp://

Last edited:
Back