What tires are you using

here is mine with new tires and rims. what do you think, should I lower her?

5406749909_4257bf2842_b.jpg
[/url]
Bestexposures by 3b3f4e5278f084143f86e0fee34434fd, on Flickr[/IMG]
Your Right Front appears to be on backwards. The Right Rear tread pattern looks correct.

Your Right Front appears to be on backwards. The Right Rear tread pattern looks correct.

OMG - How did you see that from that picture! LOL

You are 100 percent correct, I had the wheels mounted and they rolled it out of the bay when I took this picture with my iphone. My friend did a walk around and he noticed that the fronts were swapped.

Interestingly, the arrow on the tire and the painted arrow were opposite. Thats why they made that mistake! They of course jacked it up and swapped them on the spot.

Im just amazed that you saw that from this picture! :eek:

J

OMG - How did you see that from that picture! LOL

You are 100 percent correct, I had the wheels mounted and they rolled it out of the bay when I took this picture with my iphone. My friend did a walk around and he noticed that the fronts were swapped.

Interestingly, the arrow on the tire and the painted arrow were opposite. Thats why they made that mistake! They of course jacked it up and swapped them on the spot.

Im just amazed that you saw that from this picture! :eek:

J
Haha. Details come with the territory (job). Glad you were all squared away. Initial impressions?

You know your car looks pretty good. I don't know if I would worry about it. With your rims I can see why you might want drilled rotors.

Billy which Hankook tires can match the Z1 Star specs? I'm curious to see the size and prices on those.

Haha. Details come with the territory (job). Glad you were all squared away. Initial impressions?

initial impressions - I am impressed. I really like the ride quality and responsiveness. It feels like a race car.. now when I move the steering wheel there is an instant response with feedback.. I feel more connected to the road. And that is at 35 degrees! I cant wait for warmer weather. At this temperature the tires are really quiet, but I expect them to get louder as they get stickier

Tim, the rotors are much more visible. I really like the brembo look, just not the brembo price!

You have to be a big car guy to know all that stuff Jason. Most don't know a Brembo from any other caliper. Actually - to me the gold paint on the later models 2002 -2005 looks great. Not so much on a yellow car but red looks good with the NSX letters in exposed steel. Hey with the wheels I have you can't see diddly. So I don't have the same issues and really - I'm glad of it. I'm much more worried about the huge gap I have over my tires because of the 05 shocks and springs.....uuuugggghhh. Can't wait to get the Swifts/bilsteins and Conti DW tires on. That's going to make a huge difference in how it handles. Like your tires.

Jason - spring for som OEM pads and put em on yourself - it is the easiest job in the world. I used to do that on my bimmer - nothing to it - can't stand to pay someon $50 bucks a wheel to put on pads or whatever it is now. You don't have to bleed the system when you do it either.

I have OEM 02+ wheels with Dunlop Star Spec Z1 tires. I think Tirerack is the only place where you can get them now. Great tires.

best tire out there imo. The "oem" Bridgestones suck, at least for my driving style. I had the Bridgestones on my fronts and dunlops on rear waiting until the front went bald.....fronts are still about the same 12000 miles later but they dont handle for crap. The front slides out while the dunlops stick like there is no tomorrow.

Billy which Hankook tires can match the Z1 Star specs? I'm curious to see the size and prices on those.
The Hankook tire that competes with the Star Spec is the Hankook Ventus R-S3 Z222. However, size availability is limited and they don't come in any sizes for the front of an NSX.

The Hankook tire that competes with the Star Spec is the Hankook Ventus R-S3 Z222. However, size availability is limited and they don't come in any sizes for the front of an NSX.

Thanks, its a shame they do not have that many sizes yet. The price seems great though.

Thanks, its a shame they do not have that many sizes yet. The price seems great though.
It's been out for at least a year, maybe two. I would bet whatever sizes they will produce, are already on the market.

With so many recent introductions of extreme performance summer tires in North America - the Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec, Kumho Ecsta XS, Toyo Proxes R1R, Bridgestone Potenza RE-11, Falken Azenis RT-615K, Yokohama Advan Neova AD08 - it's not like you can't find any good ones to fit. :wink:

Lower it if you want, if you like that "look" (I don't). Don't lower it if you want it to be easier to get in and out, and to make it less likely to damage the front chin spoiler on driveways and such. Your car, your choice.

Back