What the &*#^

I pull up to McD's to get some Mc muff's The girl says very nice car is that a Ferrari or Lambo.I nicely said no its just a Honda.She Slamed the damn window on me like I was being a dic$

I pull up to McD's to get some Mc muff's The girl says very nice car is that a Ferrari or Lambo.I nicely said no its just a Honda.She Slamed the damn window on me like I was beeing a dic$

Why would you give a crap what the 16 year old at the window of a McDonalds thinks.

lol.

total misunderstanding i guess. she throught you where dic* and you where being honest.

being honest usually = being a dic* :smile:

people like the truth suger coated.

happy motoring and dont think much of it.

Rob

Oh, you want respect.....that's a totally different subject with the teens of today. :biggrin:

If being honest is being a dic* DAMN Ive been HONEST all my life( I AM A DIC*).Oh well I just thought I would share that story with you guys.It just rubbed me wrong.Take care.I better watch out with that rubbing thing if Im a dic*

hehe respect.

Im not trying to step on toes here. i have found that, respect yourself and everyone else will respect you also give respect and it will be returned.

you cant really expect respect. some people will respect you, some wont. just the nature of the world.:wink:

also she's just a kid. guess it caught you at the wrong time at the wrong place. anything bothering you?

usually little things that tick you off kinda springs from something deeper. when i find myself getting touchy about nothing really, i'll slow down and think about whats been bothering me.

I pull up to McD's to get some Mc muff's The girl says very nice car is that a Ferrari or Lambo.I nicely said no its just a Honda.She Slamed the damn window on me like I was being a dic$
should have gone inside and bought your food. then gone back through the drive-through. when she opened the window again, throw the food back in and scream NSX LOSERS! and peel out. be sure to unwrap / bag the food prior to throwing.

Or you can always do the Ole FIRE IN THE HOLE!

My answer thus far to this question is simple - NSX.

More than you can afford pal!
Ferrari%20and%20Supra%20Race.jpg

So you arrive in this gorgeous machine that she easily mistakes for a lambo or ferrari. You tell her its a Honda, which she "knows" can't be right because in her teeny-bopper experience, Honda is pretty much the Mickey D's of automakers. Which means that you are some rich dude driving around in your F-car or Lambo with a quick, wise-ass, condescending comeback for people who inquire about the make.
I'm pretty sure she thought you were being a dic$.

Driving to work this morning and thinking of your experience, here's what I concluded as to why you got the response you did. When she asked you what the car was, there are multiple answers to give, but three primary responses:

1. Honda
2. Acura
3. NSX

Analyzing the mind of a 16 year old and attempting to think what they interpret each answer to be, I came up with the following.

When she heard Honda, she thinks of Civic's and Accords. She saw an exotic car and she knew Honda didn't fit what she saw, therefore she thinks you're being the DH, shuts the window.

If she would have heard Acura, her association would probably an association with Lexus and Infinity (upper end autos). She wouldn't be able to put her mind completely around the Acura line of cars and would have reacted with curiosity.

If she would have heard NSX, she would be completly lost and not know what to say next. She might of asked, What's an NSX?

In one of the other replies the guy said, he would have said NSX.

We frequently hear, know your audience and communicate to their level. You were being honest in your Honda reply, however, to her, she immediately said no way. You just didn't communicate at the right level. No big deal. She's just 16.

...I nicely said no its just a Honda...

When I get strange reactions from others I try to put myself in their shoes. Know your audience, you know what I mean?

I think the "just a Honda" part is what probably made her think you were a p3nis. Clearly the NSX is not "just an Honda". It's not a Civic or Accord. It looks exotic. It's something special.

She was trying to give you a compliment and felt she was brushed off by an obviously "rich guy" (I don't know your finanical situation, but to most 16 y/o a car like an NSX makes you look "rich"). Although you didn't mean it, your response may have sounded a little arrogant to her. She probably felt embarassed and reacted by deciding to not talk to you anymore.

I bet you would have had a different response from her if you said "Thanks for the compliment. Actually, this is an Acura NSX."

In any case, no need to get wound up about it. Life it too short.

Back