what other sports car have you guys driven lately ?

i am seriously looking into buying an nsx, post 97...i havent test driven one in 6 years...i have driven several other cars inthe meanwhile...porsche 993cab, porsche 987 boxster s, carrera S coupe, ferrari 360 modena, c5 vette conv...c6 vette coupe, mazda rx8, 350z, 3.0 z3, m3 coupe......but nsx are rare and hard to find to drive...for you guys who own or have owned nsx, how does the car compare to some of these newer sport cars..any experiences???thanks for your input:biggrin: :biggrin:

Lately I've driven:
2 C5 Z06 corvettes
1 C5 corvette
2 91-94 NSXs
RX8
WRX STi
WRX
S2000
97 M3
00 Type-R

The Z06 is the only thing thats close the the NSX IMO. Yet they are two very different cars. The Z06 has massive, massive power, and feels great, but lacks status, and lacks any feel of being exotic.

a 01 996TT with stage II upgrade @500 crankHP. That damn thing is so quick I'm jealous :redface: It will be getting a bump up to 500rwhp:eek: :biggrin:

After driving around the Turbo, I'm sort of in a dilema. Do I sell my NSX for a 911 and upgrade the turbos or just drive my slow NSX:redface: :biggrin:

I have to say though, HP aside, the NSX is much more "fun" to toss around.

BUT the POWER:eek:

98 C5 Corvette convertible
95 NSX-T
04 G35 6MT
99 Porsche 911 Cab
03 S2000
04 Z06
05 Caddy CTS-V (wow!)

NSX is the one I'd go back to in a heartbeat. Just sold the 911 and had no seller's remorse at all, like I did big-time when I sold my NSX. Definitely easiest to own and enjoy. Also - the ergonomics are second to none.

C5 Coupe and Z06
C6 coupe Manual trans
2005 Lotus Elise Touring
BMW M roadster
97 Supra TT
RX8
350Z Enthusiast
G35 coupe auto trans
Prius :)

I can say the vettes are just engines with wheels, no class at all. Nothing special stirred in me when driving it. RX8 was a dog, totally slow and boring. 350Z I bought and owned for over a year, absolutely a great car despite what anyone says. I feel just as fast in practical application to my 95 NSX-T 3.0, I don't know how it compares to a 3.2. Nothing exotic about the Z at the time except they were rare back in 03. Infinity G35 was nice, but a little boring with auto trans. BMW M Roadster was a few years back and I remember amazing stopping power.

The only thing that came close was the 97 Supra Twin Turbo we had for about 5 years and only put 17000 miles on it before selling it. Great car, but very heavy. Fast in a straight line, but not as fast as the C6 or Z06 vettes. Enjoyed the Targa roof in the Supra, but it was very difficult to take on and off. Or should I say take off and put on! A definite feeling of exclusivity with that car but nothing like the looks I get in the NSX.

The LOTUS was amazing to drive, absolutely stunning, but impossible to get in and out of. Tremendously fun, got a lot of looks, but just too impractical and lost way too much of its value after purchase. For a track car, probably better than my NSX, but I'm not looking for a track car.

Wish the NSX had a little more juice in the motor, but all around it's the best driving experience of them all, and I've never looked back.

Hope this helps.

Brian

Also, where do you live? I'd be happy to take you out for a spin in my 95 Targa to give you some idea if you haven't gotten a chance to test one out. Of course, I'll want to drive the Ferrari! :)

And by the way, our Prius RIPS!

b

I had a Carrera S for a few months and it is a really amazing car. The active suspension was a little rough but the handling, accelaration, exhaust sound, etc. were HUGE improvements over the standard 996 coupes. Had to sell it b/c I moved recently and didn't want to move 4 cars. But I am looking for something new. Anyone compared the standard Carrera coupe to the Carrera S recently?

blavenia said:
Also, where do you live? I'd be happy to take you out for a spin in my 95 Targa to give you some idea if you haven't gotten a chance to test one out. Of course, I'll want to drive the Ferrari! :)

And by the way, our Prius RIPS!

b
thanks for the offer...the ferrari is long gone....the 360 spider sold to a wealth guy in maui/ sun valley...he has a 8 car garage in his 10 million dollar home!!!!! i bought the car after my wife wife of 3 months left me ...used a home equity loan...basically mortaged my house for the car!!! not to smart financially but it was fun for a year and i got most of my money out...i hope the nsx brings back that feeling with out the sleepless nights of being in hock up to my eye balls!!!!..btw i live in maryland...

If you find your way down to Florida I'd be happy to help out. Personally, I didn't want to go into debt for the car so I bought what I could afford for cash. It's a great feeling being free of payments.

Let us know what you get.

b

Supercharged E36 M3
Porsche Boxter
CTSC NA1 NSX
NA NA1-
NA NA2
Ferrari 348
Gallardo Momo Edition
1963 1.9 Liter VW beetle (11 sec. 1/4)
Toyota Supra
Spoon S2000
Formula One
Aston Martin Vantage
..And hopefully my friends Enzo or F430 soon!!!

Driven lately? hmm

Spoon S2k (fun to drive, but not as fun or as fast/quick as NSX), unfortunately that is all the other sports cars I have driven in the past month.

Other noteable mentions:
IS250 and 07 Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.7L rental SUV, if that counts (step into NSX after driving the Grand Cherokee, made the NSX felt like it has just been supercharged):biggrin:

NsSeX said:
Leftlane, In your opinion which was/is faster? the CTS-V or the NSX?

No doubt the CTS-V is faster - 400 hp and 0-60 in 4.6, and it feels wicked fast. However, the wheel hop is ugly, and you'd better be pointing in a straight line. The torque and power are absolutely addictive, though. Every gear, you just mash the throttle and you are gone. Shifter is notchy, and there have been a ton of problems with the rear diff blowing up. Interior is substandard for a $50k car, although it comes fully loaded with navi, etc. Word is there will be a new CTS-V with the LS7 from the new Z06 in the next year or two - that could be an M5 eater for a lot less $$$$. Styling is still so-so to me. Definitely a great sleeper at the red lights.

This is my pride & joy! You should see the looks I get! A real head turner!

main.jpg

Oh, BTW, My dog got stuck in the backseat.....:confused:

main.jpg

WealthBuildR said:
Supercharged E36 M3
Porsche Boxter
CTSC NA1 NSX
NA NA1-
NA NA2
Ferrari 348
Gallardo Momo Edition
1963 1.9 Liter VW beetle (11 sec. 1/4)
Toyota Supra
Spoon S2000
Formula One
Aston Martin Vantage
..And hopefully my friends Enzo or F430 soon!!!
how was the na1 vs the na2 and the amv???

LeftLane said:
No doubt the CTS-V is faster - 400 hp and 0-60 in 4.6, and it feels wicked fast. However, the wheel hop is ugly, and you'd better be pointing in a straight line. The torque and power are absolutely addictive, though. Every gear, you just mash the throttle and you are gone. Shifter is notchy, and there have been a ton of problems with the rear diff blowing up. Interior is substandard for a $50k car, although it comes fully loaded with navi, etc. Word is there will be a new CTS-V with the LS7 from the new Z06 in the next year or two - that could be an M5 eater for a lot less $$$$. Styling is still so-so to me. Definitely a great sleeper at the red lights.

Ic. I was only asking because i've heard e46 M3 talk about how they pulled on the CTS-V's:confused:

The new CTS-V does sound promising if it will com with the new Z06 motor

Well .....I drove My Testarossa today..does that count? My NSX is my daily driver...and I enjoy every mile. The sound of the Boxer 12 is hard to beat though...

WeakestLink said:
I had a Carrera S for a few months and it is a really amazing car. The active suspension was a little rough but the handling, accelaration, exhaust sound, etc. were HUGE improvements over the standard 996 coupes. Had to sell it b/c I moved recently and didn't want to move 4 cars. But I am looking for something new. Anyone compared the standard Carrera coupe to the Carrera S recently?

I sold my 03 NSX (which I loved) and bought an 05 Carrera S. What a car!

I drove the regular Carrera. The C2S has the Turbo brakes, active suspension management and more horsepower for not too much more money and better resale value. No contest. You could pick up a low milage Carrera S for about 69k today, so a new non S does not seem appealing to me.

Driven many cars owned by my wealthy friend's parents in Thailand.

Up to this day there are 2 cars that have a special place in my heart.

Nissan Skyline GTR (Friend has the Nismo factory version, Phornprapha family in Thailand)
Honda NSX

I still get in awe when I see a Ferrari, but the ownership costs has made me made peace with myself of never owning one in the next 10 years.

In ten years hopefully some of my investments and hard work will allow me to consider one.

Get one, you won't regret it. I've just bought mine and there is no other car at its value to me right now that I would rather get.

:smile: :smile:
Bear said:
I sold my 03 NSX (which I loved) and bought an 05 Carrera S. What a car!

I drove the regular Carrera. The C2S has the Turbo brakes, active suspension management and more horsepower for not too much more money and better resale value. No contest. You could pick up a low milage Carrera S for about 69k today, so a new non S does not seem appealing to me.
69k for a 05 997S seems low...i believe wholesale is around 71-72k...if you got one for 69k, thats a great deal on a great car

Back