• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What kind of aftermarket exhaust do I have?

Anyone know what exhaust this is I know I have headers?

Sounds ok but could be more aggressive.

Thanks!

Attachments

• NSX Exhaust.jpg
    NSX Exhaust.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 98
  • NSX Exhaust 2.jpg
    NSX Exhaust 2.jpg
    225.3 KB · Views: 98
  • NSX Exhaust 3.jpg
    NSX Exhaust 3.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 106
  • NSX Exhaust 4.jpg
    NSX Exhaust 4.jpg
    263.8 KB · Views: 98
bporteriii said:
Anyone know what exhaust this is I know I have headers?

Sounds ok but could be more aggressive.

Thanks!

That is the RM Racing exhaust and RM Racing headers. Randy Marchetti sold these under his brand name in the late 90's, but they are really made by Billy Boat exhaust.

Thanks Honcho! So are they decent? As good as Taitec?

I actually had the RM muffler on my first NSX. Loved the sound. Definitely in the deep rumble and roar category. It was a high-flow design though, so you lose some initial throttle response and torque. I switched it out for a factory muffler and then a Fujitsubo Super Ti. ;) Exhausts are very personal to taste, so it depends on the sound you're after. My top 3 NSX exhausts are the Super Ti, GRF EX-001 (including the Prospeed DSE-001, which is a US copy of the GRF) and the RFY GT Ver.4. But, that's my preference. I like the sound of a X-flow pipe on the NSX. For most people, though, I recommend the Comptech. It's a really good exhaust.

As for the headers, the RM units are...ok. They have a large collector, which is really good if you have a supercharger. But, the O2 sensor is placed on one of the primary pipes, so you are just getting O2 readings off of a single cylinder. However, our own LarryB ran these headers on his 91 for over 20 years without any problems. They are extremely well made and quite durable. I would not change them.

Thanks for the great input. I out a Taitec on my first 1991 NSX in 2001 and loved that sound but that was 20 years ago. I will stick to what I have and save up for the SOS turbo set up ��

Back