What is your favorite color for the NSX?

What is your favorite color for the NSX?

• Formula Red ('91-99)

Votes: 46 18.8%
  • Sebring Silver Metallic ('91-93)

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Berlina Black ('91-05)

Votes: 32 13.1%
  • Grand Prix White ('92-05)

Votes: 25 10.2%
  • Brooklands Green Pearl ('94-96)

Votes: 7 2.9%
  • Midnight Pearl ('95-96)

Votes: 8 3.3%
  • Spa Yellow Pearl ('97-03)

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Monte Carlo Blue Pearl ('97-99)

Votes: 20 8.2%
  • Kaiser Silver Metallic ('97-99)

Votes: 7 2.9%
  • New Formula Red ('99-05)

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • Silverstone Silver Metallic ('00-05)

Votes: 17 6.9%
  • Monaco Blue Pearl ('00-01)

Votes: 10 4.1%
  • Long Beach Blue Pearl ('02-05)

Votes: 25 10.2%
  • Imola Orange Pearl ('02-05)

Votes: 14 5.7%
  • Rio Yellow Pearl ('04-05)

Votes: 5 2.0%

• Total voters
nsxtasy said:
Not necessarily the color of your NSX, but the one you like the best.

Ken, it just so happens, if I'm going to get a car, I prefer to get my favorite color, so I guess to answer your question, Yellow!!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

On the NSX I like Monte Carlo blue. If they did a British racing green on the NSX it would be even better. I think in Japan they do a different green similar to British racing green.

brian

I have a Formular Red, which I liked it more and more as days go by....

But I still rather have a Long Beach Blue... Yes, I'm a blue car person, so Monte Carlo and Monaco will do too... :)

How about JDM color such as the Lime Green, pink/purple, and the Championship white??

Is there a way to do a ranking based on multiple votes? Example, my second favorite color gets the same defacto rating as my least favorite color. Maybe we could do a point system.

#1 = 5pt
#2 = 4pt

etc.. Can the software do this??

I wouldn't want to curse my car by not chosing it's color as my favorite. She's a little moody like that...so, yeah.. Sebring Silver all the way!

(Although I've been known to like orange...wink wink)

GPW - was my first choice, settled for LBBP... funny how things work out!

Ryan

vtec888 said:
I have a feeling that the most selling color will win no matter what.
So far, votes are not correlated with sales at all. Yes, red is first in both sales and votes. But black is second in sales, with far, far more black cars around than any of the blues, yet the blues are getting more votes, and in proportions far beyond their sales.

nsxtasy said:
But black is second in sales, with far, far more black cars around than any of the blues, yet the blues are getting more votes, and in proportions far beyond their sales.

Possible explanation might be that although there are far more black cars around than blue cars, the number of blue car owners replying to this thread far exceed the number of black car owners replying........henceforth to offset this effect I voted #8 for Black. :biggrin:

Ken, I can't believe this poll... its so biased. There's no option for pink, 2F2F poo/yellow, gradient airbrush schemes, or WRX blue! :D

<B>RPM217</B> :mad: it's NOT 'Yellow'........... it's "Spa Yellow Pearl". :p :D

ok... my vote went to Formula Red, and 2nd place would have been badxxx black thanx to dippy. ;)

redshift said:
As it should... the most popular color sold tends to be the most popular color owned :wink: .
Of course! But this is a poll about which color people like most, not which one they own.

Right now, there's one vote for Monte Carlo Blue for every ~7 Monte Carlo Blue NSXs on the road, one vote for Formula Red for every ~125 Formula Red NSXs on the road, and one vote for Berlina Black for every ~200 Berlina Black NSXs on the road. Which shows that people don't always own the color they like the best (which is another way of saying that people aren't always voting for the color of their own car).

nsxtasy said:
Which shows that people don't always own the color they like the best (which is another way of saying that people aren't always voting for the color of their own car).

Since the earlier models have the highest production volume and the most limited color options, some of the more popular picked colors were not available for the earlier owners to choose from.

For a 91, I'd pick the Sebring Silver hands down. :cool: But I'd drool when I see a clean blue or yellow in person. That's why I picked Monte Carlo Blue but drive a Sebring Silver. :rolleyes:

CDub said:
Since the earlier models have the highest production volume and the most limited color options, some of the more popular picked colors were not available for the earlier owners to choose from.

For a 91, I'd pick the Sebring Silver hands down. :cool: But I'd drool when I see a clean blue or yellow in person. That's why I picked Monte Carlo Blue but drive a Sebring Silver
...and why I picked Long Beach Blue but drive a Formula Red. ;)

For me it depends on the NSX. I personally like red the best (Original or New), but not on the '02+ or Coupe models. Because of the silver headlights on the '02+ models, I like the silverstone. For the coupes (Zanardi excluded), I don't like the black top, so my pick would be black overall so that everything blends in.

For just plain meanness, Berlina is the only way to go.
For elegant sportiness (and ease of upkeep :D ), Sebring gets the nod.
But Brooklands is by far my favorite color. I just wish it was available in '91 or '92 :(

1st Choice - 1992-2001 Grand Prix White Coupe (with black top)
2nd Choice - 1997-1999 Kaiser Silver or 2000-2005 Silverstone Metallic (I can't tell the difference, but I've never seen them side by side.)

nsxtasy said:
Of course! But this is a poll about which color people like most, not which one they own.

Right now, there's one vote for Monte Carlo Blue for every ~7 Monte Carlo Blue NSXs on the road, one vote for Formula Red for every ~125 Formula Red NSXs on the road, and one vote for Berlina Black for every ~200 Berlina Black NSXs on the road. Which shows that people don't always own the color they like the best (which is another way of saying that people aren't always voting for the color of their own car).

I guess I was working on the assumption that when people buy their NSX, they get the color they want. I know I did... I wouldn't have gotten anything unless it was the color that I truly wanted. That said... I really started liking every other color once I saw really nice examples here on Prime - I can see how preference could easily change!!!

Back