What is this part?

Really trying to figure out where this leads too and what it's function since I think it may be seeping slowly. I just pulled the plastic piece underneath my car off to run some lines to the rear and in the front there was some residue which looks like old dried coolant. I haven't driven my car for a few weeks so I can't tell if it's fresh or not. But tracing it above lead me to the picture shown.

I originally though it was my battery box rubbing against one of the coolant hoses but ruled that out after removing the battery and tray and inspecting it. Regardless I trimmed the driver side of the battery box so that would never be an issue.

Don't mind the picture, just rotate it left 90 degrees. I think it's seeping from the wall but it could just be the hose and clamp?

photo-118.jpg

If it is since that is a coolant hose how do you diagnose something like that? I'll assume not only is the hose probably needing replacement but to access behind there the dash probably needs to come out.

Maybe one of our professional nsx techs can shed some light.

Run a pressure test. Get a coolant test tool and pressurize it to 14psi., Look for the leak;)......

Back