What is the proper idle rpm for a first gen NSX

Hey Guys,

I'm looking at a first gen car and the add had the car running showing the tach and it seemed to be ideling at 1100 or so rpms. That seems high but it may be because it wasn't warmed up.

What should it be at warm up and then at warm idle? Thanks guys.

What would you guys think a 92 and 93 with 12k and 14k respectively should cost? They are both a dealers and in my opinion that's one strike against them - taxes are a biggy and I'm not going to pay over 39k including taxes. The TB/WP and hose service is a biggy and this may not have been done to either car - a negotiating factor as well. What other things, other than the snap ring issue on the 92 should I think about. I've been told the AC/Heating fan is troublesome and goes out but that someone on NSX Prime rebuilds them for 180. Then there is the ABS?

Any other tips you care to give will be appreciated. I know I can search this out too. I like the first gen cars and actually have kind of turned around on my earlier perspective only because I want a super well cared for low mileage car and that is not possible for the bucks I have in the 97+ year cars. I like the black top against the body color too! I'm looking at white and silver.

Thanks guys for your help, AND if any of you that have such a car would be willing to consider selling, let me know. I watch the market here like a hawk and missed the greatest car on there in probably quite a while. It was a perfect- no painting, OEM original 93 with 17k miles- it was the one I should have bought but didn't realize it till too late.
Tim
Atlanta

afaik warm idle on all years is 700-800 rpm.some folks with FI and different ecu may be higher.

Back