What happened after the SCA meeting... Tony, are you there?

This is a message for Brian (subject line says Tony in error), owner of ProSpeed. I met Brian at the last South Coast Acura meeting this past Thursday. He agreed for me to follow him to his house in Costa Mesa for him to install his Stage 3 "hot chip". Following the install, he climbed into my car and said, "Let's go." Brian was anxious to see my reaction to the change this chip will have on my car. In short, I was not disappointed. Here's what happened on my way home, Brian...

First, I want to thank you for installing my ProSpeed Stage 3 chip that night at your home. While I can't attest the car accelerates any faster (it's already a fast and powerful car from my limited driving time so far), it accelerates smoother with a noticeable higher rev line without any hesitation between gear shifts. Good job! I'm happy.

On my way home from your house, I was accelerating onto the 55 freeway onramp going southbound from McArthur. I had just shifted into 2nd gear when I noticed headlights in my rear view mirror. It looked like an SUV. I was thinking, "Boy, that SUV is keeping pace with me around this 270 degree turn. Not bad." No sooner had I straightened out and shifted into 3rd gear, the headlights zoomed from behind to right along my left side. Now we were both accelerating side-by-side with this vehicle to my left just like Nascar. I looked over and saw it was a police car. Yikes! I immediately let off the gas. He did, too. We both decelerated side-by-side for a few seconds. I imagined a head nodding from behind the dark window as he suddenly sped off. Whew!

This is why I really don't know my car that well. Anytime I accelerate aggressively, I expect a cop to take notice and do as this one did. I don't expect to begin to know my car's capabilities until I finally sign-up for a track event. ButtonWillow, Willow Springs, Fontana, Laguna Seca- here I come! :biggrin:

Last edited:
No....that was me Steve. Thanks for the info on your experience with the new Stage 3 chip. I'm going to Pro Speed Saturday morning and hopefully Brian will be there so I can ask him a few questions.

No....that was me Steve. Thanks for the info on your experience with the new Stage 3 chip. I'm going to Pro Speed Saturday morning and hopefully Brian will be there so I can ask him a few questions.

Thanks for the business Steve! Glad you like it. Good think you didn't get a ticket! :smile:

TPANGANNSX,

PM me if you want to set up a time for the ROM install. I do everything by appointment! Thanks! I should be available Sat late afternoon.

Back