• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

What happend to groupbuys?

Probably because it's a hassle and people keep backing out.

We have all upgreated. Where have you been?:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Just had my car since the summer, so i get that point:)

But lurked here for 5 years, and always noticed the tons of groupbuys, now that i got the car... it seems gone:frown:

is there something you are looking for maybe I can still give you a great price.

I think the Tamoske GB was hassle enough for some people. A second thought is that most parts for the NSX have been 'invented' somehow and GB's make sense on new parts.

I was never into group buys. I am rarely involved and I think I flaked on one. So if that had an influence on the drop...whoops...my bad. :wink: I am more of an impulse buyer. :cool:

I was never into group buys. I am rarely involved and I think I flaked on one. So if that had an influence on the drop...whoops...my bad. :wink: I am more of an impulse buyer. :cool:
Agree. Impulse buyer here as well. "Instock" gets my attention, "currently out of stock" saves me money.:wink:

Probably because it's a hassle and people keep backing out.

Agreed. And with people that keep backing out, the list rarely gets filled completely. However, vendors these days are usually able to get you a good price right away without having to fill a groupbuy list. Competition is fierce these days, and there's no time for customers or vendors to wait for a groupbuy list to get filled up.

Mostly i'm just looking for good deals on unique items, like CF this&that. I'm also a impulsive buyer, and I like the way serious groupbuys work. I've been a part of those GP's that i felt was serious.

Yes thinking of that Sub groupbuy, just not sure what to do about electronics yet:smile:

I mean for instance a group buy on gouge rings? new leather for seats, CF stuff for interior :) or in general good offers here and there... I dunno, I'm rambling:biggrin:

The GB's that require 'X' number of confirmed(i.e. deposits) buyers usually doesn't go over very well. One of the major factors always seems that the vendor will give 'x' length of time for people to get on board, then, invariably, you will have folks wait till the last minute and jump in, or off, or worse, try to get in on the deal after the deadline has past as they finally talked themselves into it.:rolleyes:
Then the vendor knows how many products are 'wanted' and begins to produce them after the GB finally closes. Then with all of the unexpected delays in labor, times, materials, etc. it ends up taking months/years longer to provide product than was originally thought/said/promised.
That in turn will cause people to certainly change their minds and demand a refund and be really reluctant to get involved with GB's in the future.
Unless the product is something that a TON of people want, can be made 100 different ways to suit everyones taste/need/flavor, and is being sold for practically nothing, GB's rarely work out.
JMHO

The GB's that require 'X' number of confirmed(i.e. deposits) buyers usually doesn't go over very well. One of the major factors always seems that the vendor will give 'x' length of time for people to get on board, then, invariably, you will have folks wait till the last minute and jump in, or off, or worse, try to get in on the deal after the deadline has past as they finally talked themselves into it.:rolleyes:
Then the vendor knows how many products are 'wanted' and begins to produce them after the GB finally closes. Then with all of the unexpected delays in labor, times, materials, etc. it ends up taking months/years longer to provide product than was originally thought/said/promised.
That in turn will cause people to certainly change their minds and demand a refund and be really reluctant to get involved with GB's in the future.
Unless the product is something that a TON of people want, can be made 100 different ways to suit everyones taste/need/flavor, and is being sold for practically nothing, GB's rarely work out.
JMHO
this is very trough indeed. And these days the likely hood of people canceling last moment is even larger.

Re: What happened to group buys?

JMHO

That is why mine is for all up to the number agreed. Do not need 10 to get the first guy his. Just come and get a great negotiated price! Still have availability!

Back