What does your significant other think of your driving?

Well?

• Excellent

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Very good

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Quite good

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Fair

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Poor

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Bad

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Horrible

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • This poll is biased

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
First of all, let my clarify daily driving, spiritual driving and racing are completely different issues which I hope all of you new that already (I don't mean insult anybody's intelligence, just playing it safe). This poll and post refers to daily driving only.

Why am I asking? Well, I'll cut through the BS and say while my gf thinks my racing and spiritual driving skills are pretty great, she commented my daily driving as horrible :eek: She feels that I treat other cars and pedestrians as orange cones which is so not entirely true :rolleyes: Really, my driving habit has been toned down a lot throughout the years from very aggressive to occasionally aggressive. My face wouldn't even turn red if I had to say I'm a mild driver as I don't even drive over 70mph on the highway nowadays. Regardless, my other side shows only when driving within the city. Stupid drivers and pedestrians just piss me off :mad:

On a side note, I guess some of my driving behavior was developed from driving in Asia, makes me used to weave in and out of traffic. Although the roads are narrow in the far east, at least people there can drive. Unlike Boston, where a large percentage of people don't derserve their driver's licenses, selfish drivers causes most traffic jams by barely making the red light and get stuck in the intersection two car lengths later. Heavy traffic happens in HK all the time, regardless of rush hours but you won't get stuck for long. Why? Because you pay a heavy fine getting caught idle within intersections. Drivers were trained to be alert at all times and not blindly getting into jammed intersections just because it's green light. Don't get me wrong, I love Boston but driving is a total different issue.

Anyways, from my POV, it's necessary to drive aggressive at times thus making my ride quite jerky. Braking hard is also inevitable if you wanna get to your destination fast because you need the speed getting into possible openings. Maybe it's just my luck, I'm in heavy traffic at least 50% of the time and that's enough for my gf to categorize my daily driving skills as "horrible."

For any aggrivation, you need an outlet. Prime is a good place to release my stress. I'm sure I'm not the only one whose significant other thinks his/her bf/gf/husband/wife is a bad driver as I've discussed this issue with my other car buddies before. Therefore, please don't hesitate to post your stories related to this topic. I personally believe there will be some interesting reads.

P.S. The last option in the poll was created in the favor of y'all-know-who ;)

I was forced to start avoiding Pedestrans because my Lawyer recommended it, and my NSX was constantly in the shop for front-end and under-carriage repairs. It was most inconvenient. :D

Prime is a good place to release my stress.

Try 'hitting a pillow.' It works for me. :D

My third and final point [all this talking is exhausting] is that aggressive driving is not wrong.
Mr.Wolf says you don't have a problem: end of story. You can quote to your lady friend that I said that. :D

my girl shows no fear when im behind the wheel.. she used to be scared as hell but gain some confidence on me.

Honestly it depends on which car I drive.
If I'm in the Integra I normally a very passive driver and just putt-putt along in the slow lane not really doing a whole lot.
However, when I'm in the NSX I tend to be a little more aggressive. Such as accelerating harder up on-ramps and taking turns a little faster. She used to say things to me but now she just holds on and keeps quiet.
Knock on wood I haven't wrecked either car yet so she doesn't have that to bring up to me.

Then again, my daily driving mostly consists of city driving and not so much highway. This is not so much about which car I drive but just for information's sake, I drive the Mini 97% of the time. I do, in fact, drive a lot more aggressive with the Cooper because I could care less about rough surfaces and potholes. My gf fully trust me and keep very quiet when I do spiritual drives in the NSX, she even felt asleep a few times. Her complaints are my aggressive city driving with the Mini.

Wife hates it, says I'm WAY too aggressive (which I guess I am), and refuses to let me teach my stepdaughter how to drive (which can't really disagree with her on).

I drive offensive much more than defensive. I should probably change, but I probably won't. I guess it's good i don't own an NSX, or I'd really have my ass in a sling...

Back