What does it cost YOU to drive your NSX?

Understudy said:
A number of those items wouldn't really be called maintenance by most people unless those parts were replacing defective/failed OEM parts. ...............................[snip].............

In that case, my maintenance cost would have probably been around $1200 for 2004 and under $1500 for 2006. The only items *required* would have been the brake pads, oil changes, tires, and two major services. Everything else was done because I am anal and I like to keep my cars in tip-top shape.

Captain Ted said:
UNDERSTUDY

Putt Putt Thanks You for the Great care that you gave to her.... I am following in the Tradition !!!!

That's great to hear! Speaking of which, it probably is getting about that time to do the timing belt soon. Hugh mentioned something about you hopefully getting it done soon too.

We're planning right now on going to NSXPO, so we hope to see you and Putt Putt there. :smile:

sjones said:
In that case, my maintenance cost would have probably been around $1200 for 2004 and under $1500 for 2006. The only items *required* would have been the brake pads, oil changes, tires, and two major services. Everything else was done because I am anal and I like to keep my cars in tip-top shape.

Those figures are closer to an "average" maintenance figure that most people seem to experience and might be more representative to a new/prospective buyer. I do understand your desire to keep your cars in top shape and that makes your original numbers much more understandable.

You're exactly the person that we all want to buy cars from. :biggrin:

not much more expesive than any other Honda

NSX oil change with OEM filter and mobile1 oil is roughly around $70-$90 :smile: (and that's only every 5k miles)

amgnsx said:
NSX oil change with OEM filter and mobile1 oil is roughly around $70-$90 :smile:
...and if you do it yourself, it's only about $40. :wink:

I purchased my 97 NSX in Apr 2001 with 10,000 miles and to date haven't needed any major repairs. Today it is about 200 miles shy of 100,000 miles.
In the past 5 years its had general maintenance completed by myself and LarryG which included cooling system and brake system flushes, valve adjustments, fuel filter and regular air/oil/filter changes. This cost the amount of the parts plus a few hundred for LarryG (we would work on the car together for some of the services)

I have been going through tires at the rate of about 15k miles for the rear and about 20-25k miles for the front. about $4500 over 5 years.

The rotors were turned at one of the NSXPO's (no charge) because of vibrations while braking.

Last year Acura repacked and rebanded a leaky drive axle boot - Not the recommended repair, but so far it has not started to leak.

My other large expenses would be installation and then removal of a BBSC. And Taitec exhaust.

Not counting the BBSC install and deinstall, my biggest single expenses will come this winter (timing belt ~$1200 guess) and sometime next year (1st clutch replacement ~$3000)

Another item that will probably be replaced next year are all the hoses just because of their age.

As you can see the $ to maintain a stock street driven nsx are reasonable.Should you decide to track the car regularly or bogart the gofast blunt you can spend lots more/yr.

amgnsx said:
not much more expesive than any other Honda

NSX oil change with OEM filter and mobile1 oil is roughly around $70-$90 :smile: (and that's only every 5k miles)

oem filter is like 12 bucks... mobil one is like 25. labor is 10 mins.... do it yourself, you can change it every 3k and still save money :tongue:

nsx is a reliable car.... but all cars need maintenance. be prepared to drop at least 500-1000 bucks at any given time if something random happens.

I've only owned mine for 3 months, but the first thing I did day one is replace the timing belt.

The timing belt cost about 20% more then it did when I replaced the one on my old Type-R.

Oil changes are more expensive, but not too much. I think the filter is $15? And it takes 1 quart more oil then my ITR did.

The tires aren't that much more expensive then they were on the ITR. Although it appears I will be buying 2 sets of rear ones a year. Probably an extra $350/year expense).

I'm thinking I *may* replace my oil sending unit since it sometimes reads low when I don't think it really is. Thats going to probably cost around $5-800 I'm guessing.

I am looking to buy an NSX in about 2 years - say 2008. If I buy a 2002 MY,
how much can I expect annual expenses (w/o gas and insurances) if I
drive about 5000 miles / year, stored 5 months of the year for winter. Some
of these figures have made me sit up and take notice. I have a 2002 S2000
that I have owned for 2 yrs (car is 4 yrs old) and all I have had to do is replace tires and maintenance like oil and filter changes, 1 valve adjustment,
differential fluid flushes and transmision fluid flush. Can someone with my driving schedule please post. Thanks!

vtec29k said:
I am looking to buy an NSX in about 2 years - say 2008. If I buy a 2002 MY,
how much can I expect annual expenses (w/o gas and insurances) if I
drive about 5000 miles / year, stored 5 months of the year for winter. Some
of these figures have made me sit up and take notice. I have a 2002 S2000
that I have owned for 2 yrs (car is 4 yrs old) and all I have had to do is replace tires and maintenance like oil and filter changes, 1 valve adjustment,
differential fluid flushes and transmision fluid flush. Can someone with my driving schedule please post. Thanks!

I would imagine that the maintainence that you've described is similar to an NSX. Some of the highprice maintainence is the timingbelt service and are from people driving a 93. The good thing about a model running for 15 years is the bugs are worked out by the 13th year or so ;)

What does it cost YOU to drive your NSX?

2003 NSX... A lot... $1226 a month car payment, not including insurance, gas, schedule services... and 25 grand in mods.:biggrin:

Back