What do you think this car is worth?...

I'm looking for some input on the value of a car I'm considering buying. It's a '91, red/ivory, body and paint in excellent condition, driver's seat bolster worn and torn, everything original and stock except for 17" & 18" SSR Competition wheels, aftermarket exhaust (don't know the brand but I really like the sound), and a chip (not sure what brand). It has 148k miles on it and has been maintained by a shop all its life. New clutch was done about 20k ago and the 150k mile service was just done. Its not in the snap ring VIN group. Tracked about once a year, but the owner owns a formula car that he races most of the time and takes the NSX out very rarely. The car looks just like the one in this picture except that its red.

Any comments are appreciated...

Dan

26no1_1.jpg

dang said:
Wow! What do you do for a living, and do you need a business partner? :smile:

Investment Banking.

It pays the bills. I just love cars like everyone else here. :biggrin:

NsXMas said:
I'd say at 20K it's a steal. I've seen salvage NSXs go for that amount.

You are probably right. I definitely am not in touch with the resale values of NSXs. I remember seeing a low mileage 91 here in Vegas for $29k a few months back and I thought that was a great deal.

dang,
Please post pics of the car in question. It would be great to see them. Maybe the dealer can e-mail you a few. How did they represent the condition of the exterior?

CerberusM5 said:
dang,
Please post pics of the car in question. It would be great to see them. Maybe the dealer can e-mail you a few. How did they represent the condition of the exterior?

I'll have to take some pictures...

The car is owned by a coworker and its his daily driver. The exterior is in excellent condition, interior is good except for the typical worn (and torn) driver's side outer bolster. I drove the car a couple weeks ago and it was impressive, to me anyway. He had it on a dyno about a year ago and said it worked out to be right at 300hp at the crank. Can't remember the exact hp at the rear wheels. The price he suggested it's worth was below $20k, so I think its probably a decent deal. 10% give or take is worth it in my book if there's a good history.

Dan

Back