• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

What do you guys/gals think of this???

I think it would look great integrated with the one or two chopped convertable nsx's running around.:tongue:

Really nice work. Looks very stradale-like.

Can you take a picture from a distance? I like to see it at side angle, back angle, with the hatch down, etc.

You asked so... I don't think it looks good and have never been a fan of styling something to looks like something it isn't.

The mesh cover of the Type R and Type S are very cool but this looks like you're trying to make the NSX look like a Ferrari and it just aint. For good and bad.

Da Hapa said:
The mesh cover of the Type R and Type S are very cool but this looks like you're trying to make the NSX look like a Ferrari and it just aint. For good and bad.

It takes a lot more than an engine cover to make a car a Ferrari. It takes inferior workmanship, unreliability, thieves for dealers, a fire extinguisher as standard equipment, soft paint (according to Zymol), rapid depreciation, exhorbitant maintenance costs and prissy miss owners. And that's just for starters.

As for the engine cover....I Like It!

BioBanker said:
Dont forget the caravan of rescue vehicles following Hugh. That's the dead give-away that an Fcar is ahead!

;)

and probably snapped into two nice tidy pieces.

Do you think they designed it that way because European flatbeds have to be small to navigate through all those twisty narrow city streets? :)

I think mods should be purposeful either for look or for function. Your piece looks like something that you have spent a lot of time and effort on, but I doubt it has enhanced the car's form or performance.
Steve

Hugh said:
.... soft paint (according to Zymol)....
Hugh... you gotta let it go buddy. Woosa... Woosa...

NA1/2-R said:
It's made of fiberglass. the humps are just for asthetic, just like the rest of the piece. Keep them comments coming.

Those humps would make interesting homes for a pair of subwoofers and linked via flexible ducting to cutom made bulkhead glass with two holes in it. Might give a whole new meaning to a "pounding rythm section". :)

To me the humps seem really pointless since they dont actually cover anything, and they are under the rear hatch anyways. A simple mesh cover looks better in my opinion.

Very nice. I would like to see a photo of it with the hatch close please. Thank you.

Replace the humps on both sides with flat lexan windows and it would look awesome.Def. not liking the humps

On a mod'ed NSX (widebody) it would look cool, on a stock NSX it would be overkill.

someone had posted a link to an Ebay lising on an ealier thread for this part in red... I'm thinking of making one similar out of carbon fiber.

Here are a few more pics:
hatch1.jpg

hatch2.jpg

hatch3.jpg

My idea was to take the humps on the side out and just have the center section (maybe a bit bigger). I like running without the cover but it looks unfinished with nothing there. The ones I've seen (from SOS etc) look good but they are all taken from the stock shape. If you made it more of a finished piece with more curves to complement the body and even painted body color... I think that would look cool. Bit that's just me :biggrin:

Back