• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

what do you guys do with minor chips/scratches?

I've had my nsx for 6.5 yrs now. Never had any major accidents.. But i've had a lot of chips, and minor scratches.... whacked front bumper on curb at 0.5 mph, etc...

Every time i get some minor issue i end up taking it in.. i can't remember how many touch up/wet sand/re-clear coatings i've had. Right now i'm going in AGAIN after i scuffed the 1/4 panel parking too close to the wall.

Some people would think not having factory original paint is a death sentence... but by now my car would look like crap with almost every panel having been chipped over the course of my ownership...

what do the rest of the masses do? just suck it up and pay out, or leave it be so they can brag the car's never been repainted?

If this happens to you all the time, It pays off to spend the money for clear bra. If you want, I will be happy to give you the website. I covered mine the entire front end of the vehicle.

I just don't drive mine! served me pretty well so far.... :biggrin:

If this happens to you all the time, It pays off to spend the money for clear bra. If you want, I will be happy to give you the website. I covered mine the entire front end of the vehicle.

What can I expect to pay for a good clear bra application?

Well if you keep hitting stuff , get your eyes checked out, Possible corrective lens, and if Age is a factor surrender your license, before you Hurt someone. and the NSX cant be fixed. sell it to someone that will treat your car better. or if TEXTING or TALKING on the phone while driving turn phone off till you get to your destination, so you can focus paying attention to the road. and if your OCD about some scratches on the front bumper, use the OEM NSX BRA.. what really helps is to know the dimensions of your car so you dont hit anything,,

LOL Just kidding!!! Clear Bra or regular Bra will work fine

Although clear bras help protect the paint it is not invinsible. The product still gets scratched torn and nicked and although easier to replace then paint the cost is not cheap. I would say doing a complete nose will cost you between $500-$1k depending on which brand you use and who installs it. Choose and choose wisely as some of the older films discolor and turn yellow over time.

What can I expect to pay for a good clear bra application?

If you do it yourself is much cheaper than have someone else do it for you. It is quite easy to do it yourself. My neighbor quoted me over 1K to have the front pumper and half of the hood.

I would have to sell my second house to pay the guy , so I did it myself for the first time for less than $500 of the entire front end (pumper, the whole hood and fenders). The result is like a pro.

Last edited:
I already HAVE the clear bra. Didn't stop the tire shop from driving into the parking block though. Now i need another bra, and a bunch of paint and repair on the lower bumper cover. Again (first time was courtesy of my nsx tech).

I've also parked too close to a median. scratched up the panel below the door when i turned to pull out. Rock chip across upper hood and A-pillar. Chips on paintwork of air ducting behind doors. 4 days ago pulling in my driveway i cut corner a little close, scratched up the 1/4 panel. lady rear ended me at 1 mph and scratched my rear bumper.

etc.

Unlike some of the girlies out there, i actually drive my car. But if i didn't get it touched up a couple times a year here and there, it wouldn't look too good.

First of all, your post is in the wrong forum - go to Detailing/Paint Protection forum. Second, since you already have the clear bra you already know your options - OK maybe you don't know about the OEM fabric bra :cool:. Lastly, if you have OCD about perfect paint, don't drive the car, because it's going to get a booboo reguardless of how careful you are. Happy Motoring!

Who cares what forum! This is all about fun and sharing ideas between friends who have one thing in common - Love for their NSX's. Seems like there are too many people who worry about "Search is your friend," and "You posted on the wrong forum," etc. Let the Moderators worry about these things and the rest of us have fun and feel free to post questions!

Now, if my NSX was covered in touch up paint, I'd re-paint it without hesitation. Enjoy it while you have it and worry about re-sale when you sale it. I sold a 94 that had a re-painted rear quarter. Buyer couldn't have cared less and paid full price!

"
First of all, your post is in the wrong forum - go to Detailing/Paint Protection forum."

First of all, your post is in the wrong forum - go to Detailing/Paint Protection forum. Second, since you already have the clear bra you already know your options - OK maybe you don't know about the OEM fabric bra :cool:. Lastly, if you have OCD about perfect paint, don't drive the car, because it's going to get a booboo reguardless of how careful you are. Happy Motoring!

Perhaps you don't understand the title as it applies to the subject matter. I didn't ask what kind of polish or paint you use. Just if the masses do anything at all, or just leave it alone. I don't really care if you use zaino or whatever. This is at least as useful as discussing what kind of shoes you wear when you drive your nsx or how old you are.

My 91 has several run ins with rocks, etc. and an errant golf ball;
several spots have been addressed with touch up paint by a prior owner.

Mine is not a show car it is a (weather dependant) daily driver, so I expect a bit of that sort of thing;

The downsides to repaint are quality (saw some pretty bad jobs when searching for mine) and the inevitable "did you wreck it?" (saw that, too).

In the cases I saw, it was pretty easy to detect significant body work. IMHO repainting does not always mean a wrecked car, although original paint, imperfect as it may be, does give you confidence in the "clean" history report.

I just leave them alone. I know as soon as I repaint the hood I would just get more rock chips again. Yes, I do believe its better to leave the paint original.

Not much you can really do since you daily drive yours. If it was me I would let it get knicked up to the point where I would repaint it. I would just find a very highly recommended body shop to do a repaint on the front bumper. Rule of thumb for me for daily driven car is most likely you will have to repaint the front bumper every few years( this being daily driven and you being anal about it looking good) to keep it looking good or new.

Otherwise just use touch up paint and get it detailed really good every now and then.

Back