What cool NSX stuff did you get for Xmas?

Santa got me NSX-R front sway bar and the 02+ rear sway bar for Christmas... I would have gotten more but Santa said i was bad this year! WTH! Hopefully for next Christmas Santa will get me a 02+ frontend conversion! :smile: I just hope i'm not asking too much...

Thanks for the pointer- I'll have to check out what kind of coupler they use on the 96 compatible version- I'd prefer a ball and socket like Comptech uses, and I've heard folks have had problems with cracking in the 91-94 DC Sports headers.

~Jon

No problem Jon however I just wanted to point out that the cracking that you refer to probably won't happen for a long time. I had DC ceramic's on my 94 Prelude and it lasted 5 years or more before they cracked. This was before AEM bought them out. I would say that besides time or age, I did bottom out pretty hard a few times to contribute to the cracking and having a broken motor mount didn't help either. But I got my 300 or 400 dollars worth.......I ended up repairing the headers too before I sold it.

I have the stainless steel ones on the NSX and I don't think I'll ever have any cracking issues with those....at least not for a lonnnng time. Plus my car is not a daily driver........if you abuse the car, track it a lot, bottom out a lot, etc etc I am sure then you will accelerate the chances of some kind of cracking.....but that is with any header. Sure there are nicer headers out there made like Fujitsubo but I am good with the $1200 DC's. Good enough for me.....if I am going to spend 3-4k on headers I would probably use that money towards F/I or buying parts for the stroker motor. Just makes more sense to me that way. I am not taking anything away from the more expensive headers as I am sure they will last really long, since they are made with better material.

Both headers are fine so whichever one you go will be much better than stock.

No problem Jon however I just wanted to point out that the cracking that you refer to probably won't happen for a long time. I had DC ceramic's on my 94 Prelude and it lasted 5 years or more before they cracked. This was before AEM bought them out. I would say that besides time or age, I did bottom out pretty hard a few times to contribute to the cracking and having a broken motor mount didn't help either. But I got my 300 or 400 dollars worth.......I ended up repairing the headers too before I sold it.

I have the stainless steel ones on the NSX and I don't think I'll ever have any cracking issues with those....at least not for a lonnnng time. Plus my car is not a daily driver........if you abuse the car, track it a lot, bottom out a lot, etc etc I am sure then you will accelerate the chances of some kind of cracking.....but that is with any header. Sure there are nicer headers out there made like Fujitsubo but I am good with the $1200 DC's. Good enough for me.....if I am going to spend 3-4k on headers I would probably use that money towards F/I or buying parts for the stroker motor. Just makes more sense to me that way. I am not taking anything away from the more expensive headers as I am sure they will last really long, since they are made with better material.

Both headers are fine so whichever one you go will be much better than stock.

I agree with you ediddynsx. I have seen many ceramic headers crack including stainless steel headers. My stainless steel mugen headers cracked at the flange on my h22a powered integra and that header was bank for a header back in the day... we typically see the cracking on the ceramic coated headers. They tend to be more brittle and especially if movement is involved such as the flex pipe. There is nothing wrong with the stainless steel version from what i have seen. They last longer then the mildsteel ceramic coated version. The heat treatment of the ceramic coating process could cause the metal to be weaker. Anyways, I believe DC only sell the stainless steel version so you should be fine with that! =)

I was trying to get it by Christmas but I am about to pick up a low milage 99

Back