What can I expect for 45K?

Looking for stock unmolested NSXs, newer with fewer miles as possible. Is it possible to get into 02+ territory with this budget? I know I want a 6 speed and 3.2L, so that makes it 97+. In your opinion, what is the newest NSX that I could find? My S2000 just got rear-ended and totaled, so I am deeply hurt (emotionally, of course) and the therapy needs to start ASAP :).

Thanks.

I don't think a 02+ with low miles @ 45K is attainable in today’s market.

x2. Possibly with a million miles or a scary past.

For a low mileage unmolested NSX your price range puts you right at a clean, nice mileage 95-01'

IMHO

^2x You'd pretty much have to know someone who was a good friend and looking to unload to a pal just for the heck of it... or possibly someone in a really bad situation that is looking to dump an NSX for what they owe and not a penny more.

97+ is 3.2-6 speed, right?

No, you would not be able to get a lower mileage 02+ for $45k in todays market.I don't think you'll even be able to get a clean high mileage 02+ for that price either.

Realistically, $45k will get you a clean 97-01' with ~30-60k miles. You might need to wait a few months for it though since these clean popup NA2's don't come up that often.

For 45k you can buy my car! 97 with 67k miles! hehe. Soo i can go buy a coupe and a ctsc!

Looking for stock unmolested NSXs,
If unmolested includes a salvage title, then it should be no problem, otherwise you are in for a challenge especially with the spring season rolling in.

Otherwise, you are going to find yourself in the company of a LOT of other buyers who are looking to make a similar purchase. My suggestion is to paw through the NSX Sales forum on this website and have a look at the prices on the cars that have sold, that's a decent starting point.

$45k will get a nice NSX though, so you aren't out of the market and the model differences aren't as vast as some people may make it out to seem. Happy hunting!

97+ is 3.2-6 speed, right?

In a nutshell:

91-94' 3.0, 5-speed, coupe, popup headlights
95-96' 3.0, 5-speed, targa, popup headlights
97-01' 3.2, 6-speed, targa, popup headlights
02-05' 3.2, 6-speed, targa, fixed headlights

*not counting the super rare and elusive NA2 coupes, Zanardi's, and..... automatics

Last edited:
Noticed you left off the automatics.... Caroline is NOT going to like that

LOL.

I will be deciding my ownership future in the next few months. Depending on my house purchase schedule, I may consider parting with one of my cars. It'll be hard to let go of all of the time/energy invested in my Lime Green Metallic so the Berlina Black may go up for sale. 96' 2 owners, 50k miles, all original, Doctor owned, clean carfax/autocheck and dealer serviced it's entire life. Price will be 40k+.

In a nutshell:

91-94' 3.0, 5-speed, coupe, popup headlights
95-96' 3.0, 5-speed, targa, popup headlights
97-01' 3.2, 6-speed, targa, popup headlights
02-05' 3.2, 6-speed, targa, fixed headlights
That bottom listing had me chuckle.

That is a lot 60K for a 2000. Also, I am trying to avoid red and yellow at the moment :)
list price and sale price aren't necessarily the same when it comes to dealerships. Although, at the peak time for car sales I kinda doubt the dealer is going to let that one walk for your $45k budget, he's likely to try and hold out for a bigger number.

Agreed that they are asking way to much, but I figured since it was in your area maybe you could negotiate the price a little bit.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Fuoss484

I would be trying to buy this one. It looks really nice. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2000-...t_51115wt_1165
I'm thinking this one will sell for $48-52k.

In that paint condition and mileage, I'd put that 2000 in the 50-55K range
(disclosure: My 2000 red/tan with 24K miles, HRE wheels, and very close vin #, was recently appraised at 55K replacement cost)
(selfishly, I'd like to see that car bring 60K in the open market. NADA High retail is $56,300 on 4-8-2013)

I would think that the OP can find a nice example of a 95-96 or 97-99 in the $45K range, depends on miles, condition, maintenance, and the usual stuff
Doubtful that he would find an 00-01 for under $50K unless its higher mileage, tweaked, salvage..

I would think that the OP can find a nice example of a 95-96 or 97-99 in the $45K range, depends on miles, condition, maintenance, and the usual stuff
Doubtful that he would find an 00-01 for under $50K unless its higher mileage, tweaked, salvage..
You won't see huge differences in price between a '97-99 and an otherwise similar '00-01, since they're basically identical. Perhaps you erred, and meant to say that an '02-05 under $50K is doubtful?

Your choices are limited, don't even consider color will be an option. You will get what you find, and the choice will be limited for your budget. Be patient. If you are in a hurry, you will get frustrated fast. There were only 2300 cars from 1997 - 2005 built. Your car is out there. It may take time, so Happy hunting.

http://nsxprime.com/wiki/Production_Numbers

don't poopoo the 95-96 cars if you can live without the 6 speed.A decent set of true headers will make up for most of the additional hp of the na2.

Back