What are your favorite things about your NSX? Your least favorite?

Dislikes: T-Tops are a pain. Also, the wind noise at highway speeds - annoying.

Don't like:

-constant fear of door dings

+1

I'm one of those people that has to park far away from the other cars in order to feel safe. Unfortunately, it's just not possible to do this every place I go.

I also like to take a cruise through Manhattan on a nice day. The only thing is I can never feel safe parking on any street or in any garage. My car has absolutely no dents/dings and I'd like to keep it that way.

Last edited:
I love::smile: much thing with the NSX, beautiful line and beautiful Italian stylism, machine and reliable engine, very rare NSX (especially in Europe), always have the heart which beats extremely in my chest has each time I start has to roll…:tongue: I love the glance of people on it, when they stop going and take pics when I pass in street :cool:, I love the pleasure one always feels at the wheel… a small smile of satisfaction! :smile:

Dislikes::frown: impossible to find parking sour, always to have an eye on it to supervise, I do not love people who keys the body and look at everywhere, I do not like the questions idiots they pose, I do not like the defect of the electric windows, the small rear view mirrors, always broken down A/C, I do not like the prices of the parts in Europe (2 has 3 X more expensive in the USA):mad:

Last edited:

Dislikes: Getting in and out of the car. You young guns may laugh but when you hit those mature years and your brain says to move you legs forward fast and your legs tell you to F$%^ Off, you'll understand what I mean.....

Likes: The view out the front--2 humps for the wheels, no hood. Love how it corners. Nice sound above 3k rpm. Great seats

Dislikes: as others noted, power costs big $$. Can't see center dash displays in sunlight. I'm a little self conscious about the car at work--it looks like more money than I make.

Likes: The name "NSX" is sexy. Ask someone who doesn't know about cars and they think it sounds cool.
The fact that it mimics the look of an F-16 fighter jet. (i'm in the Air Force).

Dislikes: EVO and STI can be just as fast at 1/3 the price. (although can be counterargued considering they serve different purpose)
Cassette player is outdated.

Speaking about "likes & dislikes" Do most prefer the black top or the chassis sharing one whole color? I always wonder about this.

Last edited:
I'm a little self conscious about the car at work--it looks like more money than I make.

I've often wondered how much mileage I could get out of this type of misperception. How many days of bringing coffee to my desk would it take for someone new to figure out that I actually report to them...?? :wink:

Don't like:

The ugly flat steering wheel, getting in and out, the slow window and especially the RICERS trying to kiss your bumper!:confused:

Adding to the Don't like:
Stock wheels 15/16
Buying expensive tires every 8-10K miles
Paying for TB/WP replacement
Every WRX around trying to race you
Old Style Stock Exhaust tips
Bose Stock Radio

Fortunately you can fix a lot of the Don't like category.

Too many likes to list:

Dislikes, the crappy/unreliable A/C system. I spent $3k to fix it about 4 years ago. It stopped working again last year. I'm going to DIY freon thing myself but don't expect too much success and I'm not spending another $3k on it again! :mad:

Too many likes to list:

Dislikes, the crappy/unreliable A/C system. I spent $3k to fix it about 4 years ago. It stopped working again last year. I'm going to DIY freon thing myself but don't expect too much success and I'm not spending another $3k on it again! :mad:

Maybe you just need your CCU fixed.....thats what happened with mines.

PM Brian K about CCU repair.

Maybe you just need your CCU fixed.....thats what happened with mines.

PM Brian K about CCU repair.

Already had the BrianK fix the CCU so it blows fine. It just won't blow cold air anymore. The A/C is a known problem for early NSX's. Jon Martin fixed it last time but it only lasted a few years.

Last edited:
I disagree. The STI and EVo are not 1/3rd the price. If you compare it to the original sale price of the NSX, then yeah... but for those of us who purchased in the last few years, absolutely not.

Fast Evo is close to 40K
Fast STI is close to 40K
USED NSX is close to 40K for a really pristine one, and less for older

Personally for the cost in todays market I will take the NSX over any car. If you want faster speeds, calculate roughly 16k to mod the hell out of it and get nearly 450hp and keep up with GTR that costs 85K!

I think the used NSX is the best deal ever! It was a great deal new, but an even better deal now.. IMHO

2. The rarity of the car
3. The looks you get
4. Turning off the TCS and wagging the tail a bit in the turns
5. The wealth of knowledge on Prime that already saved me a boatload of money, time, aggrivation

DISLIKES:
1. Parts are expensive
2. I dont have a 2.1L SOS SC and intercooler (YET)
3. Vendors for Wheels, stereos, etc etc dont have kits for NSX
4. Its hard for my fat ass to get out of the car gracefully

Jman

Likes: The name "NSX" is sexy. Ask someone who doesn't know about cars and they think it sounds cool.
The fact that it mimics the look of an F-16 fighter jet. (i'm in the Air Force).

Dislikes: EVO and STI can be just as fast at 1/3 the price. (although can be counterargued considering they serve different purpose)
Cassette player is outdated.

Speaking about "likes & dislikes" Do most prefer the black top or the chassis sharing one whole color? I always wonder about this.

Likes; pretty much everything. Its almost the perfect exotic for me.

Dislikes; Cast iron exhaust manifolds on a technological marvel ?
Lacked 100 HP from day one.
Having to restrain myself from bitch slapping every other poseur Ferrari owner when he/she asks "Why ?"

Back