Wekfest results

Sounds like you guys had a blast. Congrats to danny. I think serious consideration must be given by the powers that be to consider your NSX the "Best in the Bay" Time to pass that trophy Mike. :biggrin:

Let me know when I can have one of those cool splitters Danny.

saw this pic that I thought was really cool......

2010-sf-wekfest.jpg

Sounds like you guys had a blast. Congrats to danny. I think serious consideration must be given by the powers that be to consider your NSX the "Best in the Bay" Time to pass that trophy Mike. :biggrin:

lol, I appreciate the kind words but the quality involed with both mike and J's cars and how immaculate they keep em I can't deny.

I actually had that made as a prototype but 1 run through sf and it is toast, I made the 1st with abs and had df overlay it to see what it could look like. if I had the know how I would mold it and make some carbon and kevlar ones but I am not good at stuff like that lol, now maybe if we could sweet talk jacks talented hands to get involver we may have a shot lol :tongue:

Roger,

The torch has already been passed... See link below:

Start with post #168

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131325&page=7

Who knows, you may be next in line for the nicest NSX in the Bay Area...

Mike

Oh yeah...I had forgotten that you were now #2 or I suppose #3 now. :frown:

I actually dropped off the radar :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: Danny launched a "Cruz" missile at my NSX and as they say the rest is history... :eek::eek::eek: j/p...

But, its cool there are alot of great looking NSX's in the Bay Area and in Sacramento.

Last edited:
lol, I appreciate the kind words but the quality involed with both mike and J's cars and how immaculate they keep em I can't deny.

I actually had that made as a prototype but 1 run through sf and it is toast, I made the 1st with abs and had df overlay it to see what it could look like. if I had the know how I would mold it and make some carbon and kevlar ones but I am not good at stuff like that lol, now maybe if we could sweet talk jacks talented hands to get involver we may have a shot lol :tongue:

Whats this, you want a mold made for insurance purposes? Of what exactly?

Sounds expensive.:eek:

Jack

Whats this, you want a mold made for insurance purposes? Of what exactly?

well I don't know if a mold is needed but I want to replicate whats already been made but make it completly from kevlar and if it's successfull make a few one for shows and one for the street and maybe make a few for the other local guys. I dunno you are the only one with the nack for this kind of stuff and think we could spend a couple sundays figuring it out and see what kind of cost is involved.

I in no way wanna make anything off this but I figure if we can perfect a process it would be a fun club day arts and crafts project :p to my knowledge carbon and kevlar are not terribly pricey compared to what we pay for a finished product.

Just wanted to say congrats to all the winners. I walked by a couple times but was in a hurry helping out some friends. I didnt get a chance to meet everyone of you that was there. I definitely had a fun time, and always enjoy the norcal hospitality. and by the way, everyones cars looked amazing.

well I don't know if a mold is needed but I want to replicate whats already been made but make it completly from kevlar and if it's successfull make a few one for shows and one for the street and maybe make a few for the other local guys. I dunno you are the only one with the nack for this kind of stuff and think we could spend a couple sundays figuring it out and see what kind of cost is involved.

I in no way wanna make anything off this but I figure if we can perfect a process it would be a fun club day arts and crafts project :p to my knowledge carbon and kevlar are not terribly pricey compared to what we pay for a finished product.

If you want to clone a part you'll need to make a fiberglass mold from it. That can be fairly simple or like in the big parts from my 300zx, extremely difficult because of the complex shapes. Then if the original part is pristine there is a good possiblity damage may occur to it when pulling a new mold off.

The material cost for small stuff is not bad but it can add up pretty fast the larger those pieces get. It might surprise you. The real killer obviously is the labor, and it's whatever it takes to get it done.

I've never done any special work for anyone, only for myself. Probably because I spend way to much time making it as perfect as possible. In other words, almost the opposite of any shop.

I've always said I'd be happy to give a crash course to anyone interested in how I do all these crazy things outside in my backyard. And you know I've never had one person take advantage of it!

There is only one thing better than having some bad ass custom car parts, and thats the satisfaction you get being the one to have made them.

Lets get together and talk!

Jack

If you want to clone a part you'll need to make a fiberglass mold from it. That can be fairly simple or like in the big parts from my 300zx, extremely difficult because of the complex shapes. Then if the original part is pristine there is a good possiblity damage may occur to it when pulling a new mold off.

The material cost for small stuff is not bad but it can add up pretty fast the larger those pieces get. It might surprise you. The real killer obviously is the labor, and it's whatever it takes to get it done.

I've never done any special work for anyone, only for myself. Probably because I spend way to much time making it as perfect as possible. In other words, almost the opposite of any shop.

I've always said I'd be happy to give a crash course to anyone interested in how I do all these crazy things outside in my backyard. And you know I've never had one person take advantage of it!

There is only one thing better than having some bad ass custom car parts, and thats the satisfaction you get being the one to have made them.

Lets get together and talk!

Jack

I would e interested jack, you know how much I have spent having other make my parts lol, time would seem to be the smarter thing for me to spend lol. the part is already partially damaged but not enough for it to be unable to be copied in my opinion. I will hit you up soon so we can do this my new work schedule is sun-tues odd so lemme know what your schedule looks like.

Congrats guys!

I just checked out the pics in Rick's picture thread and it looked like an impressive turnout.

Jack

Well Dam! Thats the first time I have ever heard that. I might be interested. It does sound like it would take a few weekends though. Perhaps you could charge for a DIY fabrication course.

I would e interested jack, you know how much I have spent having other make my parts lol, time would seem to be the smarter thing for me to spend lol. the part is already partially damaged but not enough for it to be unable to be copied in my opinion. I will hit you up soon so we can do this my new work schedule is sun-tues odd so lemme know what your schedule looks like.

I work at home. Schedules don't apply!
In the meantime, after seeing the rear wing on that yellow NSX at the show, I'm thinking about whipping up a custom one for mine. I was told the're not available anymore. ( called a Bump-up)

Jack

Here's a couple pics of our 1st and 2nd place winners in the NSX Class.

"V" for VICTORY :biggrin:

or

"Peace Out" :biggrin:

IMG_2407_001.sized.jpg

IMG_2406_001.sized.jpg

Back