• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Way-cool Aluminum floor jack and free shoulder bag

This thing is so shiny, it's almost a shame to actually use it. Being aluminum, it's lighter than my POS cheap steel jacks. The two-piece handle is really long, so make sure you have the space for it to swing. I can't believe I waited so long to buy one of these. Min lift height is 3.54 inches. U.S. General brand.

$199 with free shipping at www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=47246

If you order by November 1 (and assuming they don't run out of jacks before then), you can get a free multi-pocket black shoulder bag by adding item 35233-OAXD to your order. It comes from catalog 139-D. You may have to do a phone order to get this item. 800 423-2567. The jack is item 47246-OAXC on the front age of catalog 139-D.

I bought one because both my cars are so low. I'm not all that impressed. Too big, too heavy and has an incredibly long pump handle but you need all of it to get enough leverage to make it work. That's their way of reducing the number of strokes to go full lift. Must sound good in marketing but of little value to me.

Except for being too tall, I much prefer my cheap little jacks that have served well for many years. Smaller, lighter, easy to pump with a 1-foot handle when space is tight, and manages to lift a front corner of a Suburban without a problem. Oh well.

BTW, this same jack is mentioned here frequently.

I like a cheap little jack too... and mine fits in the floor space of the passenger side of the car with the seat all the way forward (because I've got a track tire behind it and two on top of it). Actual hydraulic floor jack, not a bottle jack.

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
I like a cheap little jack too... and mine fits in the floor space of the passenger side of the car with the seat all the way forward (because I've got a track tire behind it and two on top of it). Actual hydraulic floor jack, not a bottle jack.

Yup, that's the size I'm talking about. Still run under $30 and do everything I need except fit under the car without help. I probably should have stuck with parking on 2x10s. Oh well, it looks good in the garage.

The Harbor Freight jack is on sale for $179.99 ($20 off) with free shipping through February 13 if you use coupon code 0010106043210105.

Also, the same coupon code gets you $10 off any purchase of $100 or more and $5 off any purchase of $50 or more, but the $20 discount on the jack pre-empts these discounts.

MyF16,

Love your avatar. Did your NSX really went to the river. Was it intentional and by accident? How was it after that?

That's a tank crossing (cement slab with water flowing over it) at Fort Hunter Liggett. It was about 2 to 3 inches deep. I offered to cross it if someone would take the photo. A few other crazies followed, with some serious roostertails. How else can you wash the underside of your NSX with clean, fresh water?

No freebies this time, but it's now on sale for $159.99 with free shipping. A screaming good deal. Item 47246 and coupon code 0010106043210109

Originally posted by myf16:
No freebies this time, but it's now on sale for $159.99 with free shipping. A screaming good deal. Item 47246 and coupon code 0010106043210109

Can you check that coupon code? It is not working.

I'm glad I went to check this one out there is a HF Store 45 minutes away from me and the Jack IMO is WAY to BIG I think I will just keep using my little one.

Steven 91 Blk/Ivory

The weekly promo email I got from them says:

ID = 0010106043210109
Coupon expires 03/13/03

There are no other links to the special prices for the 8 or 10 sale items they list (including the jack).

Just phone them with your order and I'm sure they will be able to give you the discount.

The jack is big, but not heavy. I don't think it's any larger than any other low lift point jack that I've seen.

My bad. I read the email more closely and it says "savings at stores" which differs from the usual email promos. They still might give you the sale price for mail order if you ask, but otherwise you are out of luck if there's not a store near you.

Back