Aluminum racing jack $79

I purchased the craftsman aluminum/steel racing jack. It works great. It is the low profile (3 3/4") plus it has a two piece quick connect/disconnect padded handle , a magnitized tray to hold the lug nuts and it raises to the frame in one to two pumps on most any car.

It is also on sale for $99 ($20 off) untill 4/28.

Craftsman 1.5 ton Jack

How do you like the Craftsman one? I just bought a low profile high lift one.

I bought that same jack from Harbor Frieght. It was junk. Got the car an inch off the ground and just stopped. Harbor freight is good for somethings when cheap materials are ok. Drill bits, dremmel pieces, crap like that. But I'm not getting under my car with something like that. I went and bought a 1 1/2 ton craftsman low-profile racing jack and it's awesome. It was only $70. And it's craftsman so if it ever takes a dump on me I'll just return it for a new one.

I would never get under any car with only a jack...use 4 jackstand and jack for back up.

I remember that the craftsman jacks do not have the lifetime warranty on them. Just an year or two. You might want to cross check the warranty.

-vamsi

Craftsman is great at returns in the 1st yr maybe 2...but after that it would be a fight to make them replace it. Make sure you keep your receit also.

Add me to the Harbor Freight jack list, picked one up this AM.
Had no intention of buying a new jack, but could not pass it up for $79.00.:smile:

I dont see it for $79...only see it for $85 plus $9.99 for shipping. Id recommend staying local, just incase you need a return. If you are only saving a few bucks on the internet, id choose a local store.

This has been posted in the past but here it is again on sale at Harbor freight. I don't buy tools at Harbor Freight on principal but I have owned this jack for years and it has been trouble free. It will fit under a NSX lowered with Bilstiens. Really quite a good "budget" jack.:wink:

6429sig_red_sm.jpg

Sky:smile:

91039.gif

Hmmmm... this darn thing looks exactly like the ones I buy from the Cornwell Toolman but for $191.00! I'm going to have buy one of these and challenge my Cornwell guy on this. I don't mind someone making money, but to take advantage of the situation is BS. But my fault for not checking around

Hmmmm... this darn thing looks exactly like the ones I buy from the Cornwell Toolman but for $191.00! I'm going to have buy one of these and challenge my Cornwell guy on this. I don't mind someone making money, but to take advantage of the situation is BS. But my fault for not checking around

Steven,
Why don't you just go 1 mile away from your shop to Costco and get their 2 ton aluminum jack for $99 (about the same price as Harbor Freight at $79 + shipping). No sales tax since you have a business resale license. I love the Costco 2 ton aluminum jack.:smile:

Why don't you just go 1 mile away from your shop to Costco and get their 2 ton aluminum jack for $99 (about the same price as Harbor Freight at $79 + shipping). No sales tax since you have a business resale license. I love the Costco 2 ton aluminum jack.:smile:
The Costco jack is not the same as the Harbor Freight jack. The Costco jack is much bigger and heavier. If you need the greater stability of a big heavy jack that's going to stay in your garage, get the Costco jack. If you need a compact lightweight jack that's easy to carry and pack for trips to the track etc, get the Harbor Freight jack.

The Costco jack is not the same as the Harbor Freight jack. The Costco jack is much bigger and heavier. If you need the greater stability of a big heavy jack that's going to stay in your garage, get the Costco jack. If you need a compact lightweight jack that's easy to carry and pack for trips to the track etc, get the Harbor Freight jack.

Mine is staying in the garage. I don't think makena88 is using it for the track, but for his shop.
BTW, what is the weigh of the Harbor Freight jack?

I do not advocate HF tools on principal, but this jack seems to be an exception. I've had it for a long time and no problamo!

Sky

vsh0329l.jpg

solid value. . .

I'm currently doing research on low-profile floorjacks right now. Looks like the HF jack is currently $89.99. However, HF has a 20% off coupon from 3/6/09 - 3/9/09.
I got my HF flyer the other day, this 3,000 lbs. lightweight Aluminum racing jack is on sale for $79.99. Check the following in-store flyer (good through March 23, 2009)...

Combining the limited-time 20% coupon that FuryNSX linked above, the final cost will be ~$64 +tax!

FWIW, I purchased mine in '03 & so far so good w/ moderate year-round use! :cool:

Last edited:
I have this exact jack. Its perfect for my NSX. Not as much so for the other cars.

Excellent. Just bought one. $64 plus tax using 20% off internet coupon as linked above. NSX Prime! :smile:

THANKS SKYGUY, RANDY, OSIRIS, and all for advice.

I have the same jack from Harbour but the dual piston for 129.00. Originally went for the $80.00 one but everyone and their cousins bought them all. Still a great price.

just to chime-in, i have the costco jack and for 90 bucks you can't beat it. it is pretty solid although you can sense it is not the highest quality stuff:rolleyes:.

I also purchase one of these a few months ago. It works great! and super light compare to others. My NSX is on coilovers and has been adjusted down to the max and it fits no problem:cool:

These things are solid, but the hydraulics are crap. I've had two go out within a year each.

I'm sure people will say "that's OK, just buy another one for $80," but I don't want to take a chance dropping a side of the car from 1.5ft. in the air.

NAPA had a sale on their professional jacks and I recently picked up a very nice one for $250 (on sale from $400).

Dave

I have the HF freight one also. It fits under my nsx with z-springs with absolutely no problems. It has served me well for a few years now. I'd buy it again.

My jack finally crapped out.

Rather than drop another couple hundred on something disposable, I decided to replace it with something that will last me the rest of my days without a lot of fiddling. I settled on ac hydraulics dk13hlq. Pelican parts has a pretty good deal going for a top notch jack, and I thought others may be interested.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911-technical-forum/547711-ac-hydraulic-jacks-back-stock.html

Regards to all-

My jack finally crapped out.

Rather than drop another couple hundred on something disposable, I decided to replace it with something that will last me the rest of my days without a lot of fiddling. I settled on ac hydraulics dk13hlq. Pelican parts has a pretty good deal going for a top notch jack, and I thought others may be interested.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911-technical-forum/547711-ac-hydraulic-jacks-back-stock.html

Regards to all-

I have the same big AC for several years now (together with 2 other jacks) and tbh I hardly ever use it except when the extreme lifting hight is needed.

Reason: when using it in a somewhat cramped working space, you want to use the pedal function to lift the car and even though the pedal is ok to use to lift the first few cm's, it is clearly not intended to lift the car with, as it requires a lot of force/ is almost impossible by pedal use. So it is nessecary to use the big lever to lift and this means you need to have a lot of space to jack it.
I have another jack half the size with only 39 cm max lift but with double the lifting weight capacity and this one has no trouble lifting the NSX by using the pedal function, making it much more practical as it needs a lot less space.
How often will you really need the high lifting capacity of the AC?

For mobile use I have a big size aluminium racejack with 2 wheels at both the front and rear. I don't like the small racejacks with a 1-piece roller at the front as these are too "wobbly" when working on somewhat uneven surfaces, don't feel safe to me under those kind of circumstances.

Back