• moose2_1.jpg
    moose2_1.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 410

Attachments

• car2_1.jpg
    car2_1.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 406
Only a broken wrist and needed a bath. Probably new underwear too.:D

Here in New England, Mooses (is this the right plural form of Moose) have created a tremendous amount of danger to drivers.

I don't know much about Mooses, but the ones that i have seen on the roads were much bigger than the one in above pictures.

I lost a close friend of mine in an accident with a Moose. He was driving a very safe car, too.

Sorry to hear about your friend. I think the plural of Moose is just moose. Yes, I once saw a semi hit one on the highway. The moose was hit on it's side. It's insides came out of it's, well anus I guess you would say.

Am I the only one that thinks these pictures are fake? Everything about this "collision" doesn't seem to add up.

1. No visible cuts on the moose, after having gone through glass and metal.
2. How did it end up with the head and legs outside of the car at the back? The legs don't appear to be broken at all.
3. If that is how the moose ended up, how did the trunk get dented?
4. The roof is ripped all the way to the back, but stops at the rear window. Did the moose duck at the very end?
5. The back hooves are pointing straight up, while the majority of the moose is on its side. Doesn't look right.
6. I don't know if the comment on the driver was a joke or not, but I doubt the driver came away with just a broken wrist, if this accident actually happened.

Moose are enormous animals. This one is pretty young, I think, based on the nubs that it has for horns.

I saw a young moose walking around our condo in Jackson Hole, Wyoming one time, and it was huge, and very tall. The locals told us it was tiny compared to a full-grown one.

I don't know if it is or not. This was just emailed to me with just that info. As for the postition of the moose and damage to the car, you'd be surprised at what all can happen during an accident. Some things are completely unexplainable. Like if you're a hit by a car while walking down the street, 90% of the time, you WILL get knocked out of your shoes if hit hard enough. It doesn't matter how tight you tied them on. There are lots of freak accidents occuring out there.

White92 is right. Logic cannot be used to explain an accident 100%.

Also, the vehicle has clearly been moved to a different location, and so the placement of the moose is not necessarily the final resting ....mouse...mise... whatever. :D
Let the "grammar nanny" take care of the spelling. :D

nkb said:
Am I the only one that thinks these pictures are fake? Everything about this "collision" doesn't seem to add up.

1. No visible cuts on the moose, after having gone through glass and metal.
2. How did it end up with the head and legs outside of the car at the back? The legs don't appear to be broken at all.
3. If that is how the moose ended up, how did the trunk get dented?
4. The roof is ripped all the way to the back, but stops at the rear window. Did the moose duck at the very end?
5. The back hooves are pointing straight up, while the majority of the moose is on its side. Doesn't look right.
6. I don't know if the comment on the driver was a joke or not, but I doubt the driver came away with just a broken wrist, if this accident actually happened.

Moose are enormous animals. This one is pretty young, I think, based on the nubs that it has for horns.

I saw a young moose walking around our condo in Jackson Hole, Wyoming one time, and it was huge, and very tall. The locals told us it was tiny compared to a full-grown one.

WOW, these are some crazy pictures...
From looking at them, it seems pretty accurate to me, the body location might be a little bit different from the accident scene... but not much I think.
1. Breaking through the glass won't result in major cuts for a hairy animal like a moose. Auto glass are made to shatter and not to cut the driver when accidents occure. I've seen human heads breaking the windshield in accidents (no seat belt of course) with only small cuts, mostly bruises. In a situation if someone punched through the side glass while the car is in motion, the movement of the car will cut deep big time, but that's a whole other story... ha ha... The Tail end of the moose is what rips open the metal roof, not the head.
2. The car hit the moose while the it was travelling right to left (to the driver) with the head of the moose on the driver side closer to the driver, the tail end is a further from the head of the car at the passenger side during impact. It was hit at a slight angle, causing the moose's body to twist after it's airborn... The head hit the connecting point of the windshield and roof with a down spining motion (u can see a bigger dent at the roof a little bit on the passenger side), breaking the front windshield into the car.... when the head of the moose is half way into the car, the tail end is actually just entering the car with a "upward" momentum.
3. while the head goes through the rear glass (since the head has a down spin motion when first impact, it didn't rip the roof, instead, pushing the roof curve to the end of the car to break the rear glass , the body and tail end of the moose rips up the roof (since it was at a upward motion from a twist at impact), pulling the roof back and tearing it apart.... after breaking the rear glass, the head continues to hit the rear trunk lid. At the point, the tail end is at it's highest after ripping back the roof.
4. at the stopping point, the tail end drop down after the mometum stops, pulling the front end of the moose back into the car a bit. This is why it looks like someone pulled the front legs out... but in reality, the whole front end passed through the rear, snaps and dented the trunk... it was pulled back into the car after the tail end dropped down .
5. The hooves points up at the end because the whole body of the moose was at a "twisting" motion when entering the car, causing the back end to face up, creating that image.
6. It's amazing how he got so little damage though... I have to agree, it can be a lot worse then broken wrist.:cool:

I think I am looking into it too deep... It is only my take on it ha ha ha :D , maybe these pictures ARE fake... ha ha.. oh well... am I the only one bored at work !?!?:p :)

Last edited:
We're going to have to start hiring some of you guys for accident reconstruction!:D Seriously though. Some things can't be explained. For example, here are 2 pics of a car from a buddy of mine. This was actually his car. He wrecked a few months back. (don't run from cops):) He had a few bruises, but the only real damage was a broken foot! That's all!

Attachments

• cody2.jpg
    cody2.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 296
Interior shot. The shift knob broke off in his hand.

Attachments

• cody3.jpg
    cody3.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 479
White92 said:
Sorry to hear about your friend. I think the plural of Moose is just moose. Yes, I once saw a semi hit one on the highway. The moose was hit on it's side. It's insides came out of it's, well anus I guess you would say.

Why do we say, "geese" for more than one goose, but not "meese" for more than one moose?" :confused: :p :D

You have a point there. The english language is pretty butchered. I guess we could do the same with bass, sheep, deer, etc.... we could go on and on....:D

I've come upon moose in the woods of Maine while backpacking, and they are scary huge. This guy was lucky to get away with just a broken wrist. Good thing the moose (hopefully) died on impact. My father's cousin lost her husband to an accident with a deer, where the deer survived and kicked him to death trying to get out of the car. ouch.

1TITENSX said:
The link takes a sec or two to load. It should still work.

This is what I get when I click on the link:

Angelfire does not allow direct linking
from offsite, non-Angelfire pages,
to files hosted on Angelfire.
This practice of 'remote linking' reduces
our ability to serve out the homepages
of our members quickly and efficiently.

Back