Walk for Hope: Sunday June 8, 2008

Alan (of course)
Carla
The Don
Clem (please leave now so you make it on time!:wink: )
Jalnjr
RSO
RPM217
Peter Mills
The Lovely Sylvia Mills

Hi Gang;

See you all early Sunday Morming 1 Clem & 1 NSX, 1 Swim Suit.. Diet Soda
Please.. I will visit awhile before the trek back to CT.

Ole Clem:biggrin:

Hi Gang;

See you all early Sunday Morming 1 Clem & 1 NSX, 1 Swim Suit.. Diet Soda
Please.. I will visit awhile before the trek back to CT.

Ole Clem:biggrin:
Note: Clem is already on the road heading down to NJ, he'll be on time and we promise that he'll make it back up to Ct before New Years!!!!:eek:

All,
It has been brought to my attention by the City of Hope coordinators that we need to be parked by 8AM on Sunday. The Pre Walk Activities commence at 8:30, and with the number of people expected, the walk organizers are concerned that we will not be able to get the cars through to the JCC due to traffic and crowd control

Sorry to make you get up even earlier but it will make it easier to get preferred NSXCA Parking for the event :cool:

See you on Sunday. Just remember to bring plenty of sunscreen we will supply breakfast and lunch at the JCC

Alan ,Josh, Karen, Roberta and the rest of the Brady Bunch

All,
It has been brought to my attention by the City of Hope coordinators that we need to be parked by 8AM on Sunday. The Pre Walk Activities commence at 8:30, and with the number of people expected, the walk organizers are concerned that we will not be able to get the cars through to the JCC due to traffic and crowd control

Sorry to make you get up even earlier but it will make it easier to get preferred NSXCA Parking for the event :cool:

See you on Sunday. Just remember to bring plenty of sunscreen we will supply breakfast and lunch at the JCC

Alan ,Josh, Karen, Roberta and the rest of the Brady Bunch
You've got to be kidding us, the walk doesn't start until 10, registration starts at 9am and you want us there by 8!!!!!!!! Maybe a slumber party at the Offsie Estate the night before is in order!!! I sure hope that Clem is on the road already!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Alan (of course)
Carla
The Don
Clem (please leave now so you make it on time!:wink: )
Jalnjr
RSO
RPM217
Peter Mills
The Lovely Sylvia Mills
Larry B

Roger,

What is the Caravan Plan? Sissy and I will meet up where we need to, just LMK:). Are you coming down 287 from the TZB? Peter mentioned GW to me this morning.

Thanks,
LarryB

Roger,

What is the Caravan Plan? Sissy and I will meet up where we need to, just LMK:). Are you coming down 287 from the TZB? Peter mentioned GW to me this morning.

Thanks,
LarryB
Left you a VM on your cell, we're going over the GW and down the NJT. We're going to meet up at 7am at the Gas station on the Hutch right below 287 (NY side). You're welcome to join us, but I think it might be easier for your to go down on your side of the river! Let me know
R

Don't forget your bikinis and speedos on Sunday it's going to be a HOT one

Don't forget your bikinis and speedos on Sunday it's going to be a HOT one
You mean we need to bring bathing suits, Bob told me that it was "BA" (bare arssed)!!!

All kidding aside, with the weather expected to be in the 90's, the "organizers" should give serious consideration to starting this an hour earlier (and since we're going to be there an hour earlier it's no problem!) so that the EMT's don't have to work too hard!!!

:biggrin: It was a scorching hot day but the support from our NSXCA family was amazing :biggrin: I have some pics to post but at this point I am toasted from todays events. We had a record turnout despite the 90+ heat and hope to top last years donations with a final push at todays event. Karen gave a "great" speech reminding everyone how this all started when we lost Michelle to breast cancer and to keep donating to the City of Hope to help fund their cancer research efforts.

Special thanks to Larry B Sissy and Steph, Bob, TheDon Carla and Kate, Peter and Sylvia, Roger and Nancy, and of course he who travel farthest and slowest Clem for being here to share this event with Josh Karen Roberta and me :cool: It was not an easy 4 miles in the opressive heat but it was amazing to see how many people walked and ran for HOPE. Having all of you join us at our new home after the event made the day so much more special and you are always welcome to join us at our place for another swim or just to come sit and chat for awhile.

Again our love goes out to all of you for making what is usually a difficult day for my family an event to cherish :smile:

Who else, great cause, good weather guaranteed, and after lunch, swim and snack at the Offsie Estate!!!:cool:

Well, as usual Alan came through on his guarantee, there was no rain (too bad, it would've felt good!) It really is a great event for a great cause, and with the people that come out and their memories of Michele are truly a living testament to a woman who touched their lives. Thank you Alan for sharing with us, and allowing us to be a part of your "family". We all had a great time!:cool:

Back